003.

003. let's go lesbians!

CADIE WAS, to put it very lightly, confused. zoë, the hunter, was looking at cadie as if she'd just said her cat had died. a look that was plagued with grief and sadness painted across her face- that, and the shock and disbelief clear in her voice. it made cadie feel bad, did her presence annoy the hunter or something? what was wrong? why did everything have to go wrong? actually- yes, that was her main question. first, she almost sang the full death song, next annabeth had plummeted off the edge of a cliff with dr thorn, and after that- zoë had called her delphina. and last time cadie checked, that was not her name. not in the slightest.

to make things worse, percy had retracted to what she deemed 'two-brain cell percy'. it wasn't that he was dumb. but he was...socially oblivious? socially inept? he didn't how to respond to things sometimes, and with all the shocking things that had happened so quickly and in such little time- she honestly couldn't blame him. she'd probably be like that too (if her head still didn't feel foggy, that is).

"um...okay," was his response to the young twelve-year-old girl being the goddess of the hunt, also known as artemis.

of course, that was nothing compared to grover. he gasped, eye wide before he hastily knelt in the snow and started yammering, "thank you, lady artemis! you're so... you're so.... wow!"

the only thing cadie could compare it to was when one of your super-fan friends meets their celebrity idol and just... loses all sense of awareness and because of a stammering and twisting mess. that's what grover was like, and cadie didn't know if she should've been embarrassed or horrified. thalia glared at him, quite disgusted as she said, "get up, goat boy! we have other things to worry about. annabeth is gone!"

"whoa," bianca di angelo said, starring between them all, "hold up. time out." everybody looked at her as she pointed her fingers to all of them individually, like she was trying to connect the dots, "who... who are you people?"

artemis' expression softened, "it might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you? who are your parents?"

bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at artemis. she blinked, looking around as she said, "our parents are dead. we're orphans. there's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."

she faulted. cadie guessed she could tell from the looks on their faces that they didn't really believe her.

"what?" she demanded, "i'm telling the truth."

"you are a half-blood," zoë said, sounding rather old fashioned as she spoke. like she'd just stepped straight out of a shakespearean tragedy. "one of thy parents was mortal. the other was an olympian."

"an olympian... athlete?"

cadie felt so sorry for the poor girl.

"no," zoë said, shaking her head, "one of the gods."

"cool!" nico gasped.

"no!" bianca's voice quavered, "this is not cool!"

nico danced around like he needed to use the restroom, "does zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? does he get extra movement points for-"

"nico, shut up!" snapped bianca, putting her hands to her face, clearly frustrated. "this is not your stupid mythomagic game, okay? there are no gods!"