006.

006. dead girl [corpse?] walking

BREAKFAST WAS eventful the next day. cadie wasn't sure how to describe the situation at camp, but it was beginning to get tense. like the dull but slowly more noticeable ache you get once you've hurt yourself the adrenaline is running high, so you don't notice the pain. the feeling at camp was what cadie would call somewhat similar to that. the next day, layla's hair had looked just as ethereally white as before, almost one of an angel, in her opinion. they all sat together, the elephant in the room being heavily ignored by them all. after cadie had woken up last night, screaming and panting and crying, they'd settled for an hour to calm her down.

they'd waited and stroked her head. mitchel had read her what they all called the best part of romeo and juliet (not that there were many in the first place) and will had hugged her, mumbling the words, "don't cry." over and over again. lee had sat beside her, tucking her in and being a good sort-of-brother. and layla had been the one to hum her a lullaby, stroke her hair as she whispered reassuring words.

and obviously, they'd chosen (more like cadie had) to ignore it until her muddled mind could make sense of it all. her dream, it was safe to say a dream like that never really happened for cadie. the usual thing wasn't an actual demigod dream. they might have been more common in other demigods dreams, but not in cadie's. they were truly a foreign thing to her.

of course, though breakfast might have been eventful, it was really after breakfast where things started to truly take off.

being back at camp was a blessing, really. she adored it so far, which was honestly a good thing. though besides the fact camp was a safe place for her and whatnot, camp was also a place full of her friends. and as of now, her friends were the ones she needed most. maybe together they'd be able to sort through cadie's dreams.

"so," she stated simply, sitting amongst themselves outside. it was a warm and cosy bit of the beach. and of course, though there was snow and the canoe lake could hardly be used, the place they'd found was relatively warm (as in, they weren't going to freeze to death) and secluded, which gave them enough time and enough space to fully be able to talk about what they wanted.

though their friendship was strong, there was always that one part of the group- the part where sometimes they'd just talk. they'd just talk and listen. it was oddly therapeutic- probably brought them together too.

"anyone wanna go first?"

"nothing much has been happening at camp," cam shrugged, looking away, "though, i've been made acting head councillor."

"why?" cadie frowned, pausing, "i mean- congrats.... but is congrats even the good word to use in this situation? you don't look so happy about it?"

"cam never explained to me," lilly added, turning to cam, "better start explaining, leggy-man."

"it's nothing big," he mumbled, looking away in embarrassment. "it's just that... clarisse is away on this thing, y'know? and i sorta was elected. so here i am. and now-" he groaned, "do you know how hard it is to lead a cabin? gods almighty i forgot how violent my siblings can be-"

"you're not too different, at times."

"shut up, lils." he rubbed his temples, "they're so... physically loud."

lilly snorted, "that's something you don't hear every day." she turned to cadie, "i feel like mine might be better left 'till last. cades, wanna go first?"