20. I LOVE YOU!!

"I think it's because he is gay" Jimin said as the two of them sat in the garden that night after visiting Hoseok. "Duh" Taehyung said. 

"But in sixteenth century, I don't think people even knew that it is possible to like a person of the same gender" Jimin said. "Yeah. Jeongguk made people in the world realize that same gender liking was possible after marrying that war prisoner. But who will make him realize that?" Taehyung asked. 

"Maybe you" Jimin said. 

"Huh?"

"You are gay, right? Maybe it's gonna be you. Like, who else knows about this? No one, right? Only you and I are the people who know anything about a person liking another person of the same gender. The people of this century have no idea such a thing is even possible. And I'm straight, so you are the only option left" Jimin explained. 

Taehyung hummed and stayed silent for a while, processing the whole explanation. "Makes sense" he said after a while, even though he didn't like how Jimin was unintentionally trying to push him onto another man. 

The two of them had overheard Jeongguk and Hoseok's fight when they had gone to visit Hoseok that evening. Even though they had left right after realizing that the two were arguing and had returned to Hoseok's room after Jeongguk left, they had heard enough to understand what the argument was about. 

"Leave it. Let's talk about something else" Jimin said after another while of silence. "Right.....but I don't have anything to say" Taehyung said. "I do" Jimin said. "Uhuh?" Taehyung prompted him to go on. 

"It's actually a question" Jimin said. "What's it?" Taehyung asked. "Would it be weird if I said that I am starting to like the Queen?" Jimin asked, making Taehyung flinch on the spot. 

He immediately jumped up and slapped a hand against Jimin's mouth to shut him up. "Shut the fuck up" he whispered and looked around frantically, hoping there were no guards around. 

"Don't talk about it so openly!! It could cost us our lives" Taehyung whispered after realizing that there wasn't anyone around. 

"I know, I'm sorry, but yeah" Jimin said, nodding gravely. 

"Since when?" Taehyung asked, glaring at the bush in front of him. "Since the moment I saw her, but mainly after having a chat with her in the Palace Gardens" Jimin said without noticing the glare. 

"When did that happen?!?!" Taehyung exclaimed, forgetting the fact that he was supposed to whisper and not shout. 

"SSSHHHHHHH" Jimin whispered harshly, placing a hand on Taehyung's lips. Taehyung, whose heart started racing because of it, swatted his hand away immediately. "Yah!! Don't touch my lips!!" he exclaimed again, this time, being loud intentionally. 

For some reason, he couldn't digest the fact that Jimin was starting to like someone else once again even though he had been fine with it until then. Scratch that. He had never been fine with it, but he had managed to hide his feelings well. 

But this time, he couldn't bring himself to hide them once again. It hurt. It really hurt a lot. How much longer did he have to go on like this? He loved Jimin from the bottom of his heart, but Jimin kept staying oblivious to his feelings. 

And it really hurt. 

Jimin, who didn't understand why his best friend was suddenly glaring daggers at the grass under them, reached out hesitantly and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Is something wrong?" he asked. 

Taehyung snapped his head towards Jimin with tears in his eyes. 'God! This is torture!!' he thought and swatted Jimin's hand away once again. 

"You know what? Just fuck off" he said and ran away with Jimin right behind him. Unknown to the two of them, there was another man running behind them, trying to see what was wrong with Taehyung, after overhearing the last bit of their conversation. 

"Tae, stop!! What the fuck happened to you??" Jimin asked as he ran behind Taehyung, who didn't bother to stop and look back at Jimin. 

"TAE!!" Jimin yelled, finally catching up with him and stopping him by wrapping his arms around him from behind. 

"Let go! Let go, you asshole! You are making this a hundred times harder for me!!" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"Huh? Did I do something wrong?" Jimin asked as he let go of Taehyung with a confused expression on his face. 

Taehyung took a deep breath and turned around to face Jimin. "Leave me alone for a while, Jimin. Please" he said. 

"No! Why would I do that?! Tell me what's wrong! Let's try to resolve whatever it is! Don't ask me to leave you alone!!" Jimin exclaimed. 

"I LOVE YOU!! I LOVE YOU, OKAY?? I FREAKING LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT IT!! I AM DONE WITH PRETENDING LIKE I'M FINE WHENEVER YOU GO BEHIND ANOTHER GIRL!! THAT'S WHAT IS WRONG!!" Taehyung yelled without noticing Jimin's horrified expression. 

He took a deep breath to calm himself down before continuing his rant. 

"I am not asking you to like me back, Jimin. I know you are straight. I won't do that to you. But I can't just ask my heart to stop loving you. I've been in love with you for almost ten years now and it is not easy to stop loving you when you keep being an angel that you are. 

I've tried to keep my feelings hidden and tried to get rid of them by myself, but it never happens and I'm tired of being hurt by you repeatedly. 

See? You didn't even have the slightest bit of an idea that I could possibly be having feelings for you. Why do you think I haven't had a crush on anyone even after coming out as ga-hey!! Where the fuck are you going?!" he exclaimed once he realized that Jimin was running away from him at full speed. 

Taehyung scoffed loudly. "So you choose to run away from me, huh? Wonderful!! SO FUCKING WONDERFUL!!" he yelled after him, but Jimin didn't turn back even once. He just kept running away. 

Taehyung dropped to his knees once Jimin ran out of sight and buried his face into his hands. 

The other man, who had been hiding behind a bush until then, turned away and speed-walked to his mansion. 

It wasn't until he flopped next to his wife on his bed that he let his mind wander to what he heard in Yoongi's garden. 

He had gone to visit all of his hyungs one after the other that night as he had stayed away from them for too long because of his work. He was on his way back to his mansion when he heard a familiar deep voice yell "When did that happen?!?!". 

It didn't take a genius to realize that the speaker was hurt. Thus, he stopped to see what was wrong and soon, he realized that the speaker's friend was the cause of his sadness. 

He didn't think those two friends would ever fight. They seemed too close to ever have arguments. But then again, Seokjin and Namjoon had been joined at the hip too. But now, they couldn't even bear to stay in the same room as the other. 

'I guess no one is immune to fights no matter how close they are.......but what did he mean by loving Jimin hyung? Aren't they men? It surely sounded like a romantic confession, not a friendly one......but......how?........and what is the meaning of fuck? Is it an animal?'