22. Family dinner

The next day was horrible. Much to Taehyung's dismay, Jimin kept ignoring him the whole day. 

After having spent the night at Seokjin's mansion, Jimin had gone as far as having lunch with Seokjin instead of coming back to Yoongi's mansion. 

Taehyung found himself fuming at Jimin's behaviour. He hadn't expected Jimin to like him back, but he hadn't expected him to avoid him either. Thus, he decided to do the same and stopped waiting for a chance to apologize to Jimin for what he had done the previous night. 

The two sat away from each other as they waited for Jeongguk to arrive at dinner that night. "Are you sure he said he would come?" Namjoon asked Taehyung. "Yeah. He said he didn't have much work anymore and that he would come every night" Taehyung said. 

"Alright" Namjoon said and turned to Jimin, who he had been having a conversation with until then. 

Yoongi, who had seen Taehyung shed tears over lunch that afternoon in his mansion, immediately noticed how distant Jimin was being with Taehyung and decided to address the issue, but before he could so much as open his mouth, the guards outside the dining room announced the arrival of the Queen Mother Park Jihyo and Her Highness Kim Dahyun. 

All of them stood up immediately and bowed to the two of them as they walked into the dining room and occupied two seats at the table. 

"Sit down, all of you" Jihyo said and smiled at them. All of them smiled back and sat down. "Umm...I didn't realize it would be a family dinner. I will have dinner at Yoongi hyung's mansion and joi-" "Nonsense. Sit down. We came here to have dinner with all of you and that includes you two as well" Dahyun said, cutting off Taehyung, who had tried to get away from the family dinner. 

Taehyung bowed to her in response and sat down silently. "Do you want us to call our wives as well, Eomma?" Namjoon asked, earning a prompt glare from Seokjin in the process. "Don't you have dinner with them everyday?" Jihyo asked. 

"No, Your Highness. We have every other meal with them in our own mansions except dinner. Dinner is for the five of u-I mean, seven of us" Yoongi answered. 

"I see. Nice. I like the fact that you guys are trying your best to stay together despite your hectic lives. It's a shame that Hoseok isn't in a position to join you" Jihyo said and smiled at them once again. "He will get better, Your Highness. We are working on him" Yoongi said and bowed to her. 

"Good, good" Jihyo said. "Go on, then. Call your wives as well" Dahyun said. Yoongi, Seokjin and Namjoon got up immediately and bowed to them once again before ordering a guard each to escort their wives to the Royal Dining Room. 

"So, how did you manage to earn my son's trust so soon?" Jihyo asked Jimin. "Umm......" "Taehyung here is a great Healer and Jimin is very intelligent, Your Highness. They helped Jeongguk during the war and earned his favour" Yoongi said after coming back to his seat, earning a grateful glance from Jimin. 

"Ohh, that's great" Dahyun and Jihyo said together. "Where do your paren-" "Announcing the arrival of His Majesty!!" the guards outside the room cut Jihyo off together. The people inside the room heard the guards stand at ease and soon, Jeongguk walked in with a frown on his face that immediately turned to a huge grin upon noticing the occupants of the room.

"Eomma!!!" he greeted and hurried forward to hug her. Jihyo patted his back twice before letting go of him. "I didn't expect you here!" Jeongguk exclaimed. "We came to discuss about your wedding anniversary over dinner" Jihyo said. "Ohh" Jeongguk said and sat down in the chair next to Jihyo. 

"Ask Jeongyeon to join us. Chaeyoung, Mina and Nayeon are joining us as well" Namjoon said, earning another glare and a cough from Seokjin. "Ohh, umm, she won't be able to join us tonight" Jeongguk said. 

"Why?" Jihyo asked. 

"She's been vomiting a lot since two days and is refusing to see the Royal Physician" Jeongguk said. 

"I didn't know there was a difference between Surgeon and Physician" Taehyung mumbled into Yoongi's ear. "I deal with physical wounds and such. Physician deals with all types of illnesses" Yoongi mumbled back. 

"Ohh" 

"Hmm"

"Ohh, poor thing. Show her to the Physician tomorrow if it continues" Dahyun said. "Yes, that's what I'm planning t-" Jeongguk got cut off by another couple of harsh coughs from Seokjin. 

"I'm sorry" Seokjin said, placing a hand on his mouth and panting slightly from the force of the cough. Every single person in the room except Taehyung and Jimin threw him a concerned glance. 

"Should I call the Physician, hyung?" Namjoon asked. "No, no, I'm fin-" Seokjin started coughing again. "That's it. I'm calling the Physician" Namjoon said. "I said I'm fine!" Seokjin snapped, glaring harshly at Namjoon and making him throw his hands up exasperatedly. 

Taehyung and Jimin stared getting concerned as well. They couldn't understand what the big deal behind a couple of coughs was. They couldn't understand why Namjoon was suddenly over concerned about a couple of harsh coughs when the two of them had been at each others' throats just the previous day. But they didn't dare try to get their doubts clarified. 

It didn't take long for Mina, Chaeyoung and Nayeon to arrive. "Your Highness" they greeted Jihyo and Dahyun and turned to Jeongguk. "Your Majesty" they said and bowed to him as well before taking their seats next to their husbands. 

"To what do we owe this pleasure?" Chaeyoung asked. "Jeonggu-" "Your Majesty!!" a maid came running into the dining room, sounding panicked and out of breath. Jeongguk stood up with furrowed eyebrows. "What is it?" he asked. 

"Her Majesty isn't feeling too well. She has vomited once again" she said. "Call the Physician" Jeongguk said and turned to the rest of them. "I am sorry, I will have to leave tonight" he said and bowed to them before following the maid out and speed-walking to his room.