Chapter 27

"I should go," said Julian before he pressed a kiss to my forehead. What was it with forehead kisses? How could a gesture so pure and simple ignite warm, fuzzy feelings deep inside? How such a little touch of the lips could make me feel cherished and safe. Julian then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"I am sure this is borderline whiney and demanding, but are you sure you have to go? I mean, there would be no problem if you'd choose to stay." I wrapped my arms around his neck and somehow tried to get even closer to him. I just craved that warm and fuzzy feeling. It felt comfortable. It made me feel comfortable and safe. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

Julian smiled at me. "Of course, I want to stay. I just think it would be a little uncomfortable for all of us with your brother in the next room." His smile changed into a grin. A sexy grin, might I add. He leaned in and soon his lips found mine. The kiss said it all. It was tender yet full of passion. There was no doubt he wanted to pick up where we had left off, and so did I.

I unwrapped my arms from his neck and took his hand in mine, slowly started to lead him to my bedroom. "I promise to be quiet if you are." My whisper filled the room with more sexual tension. His reaction took me by surprise. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and pulled me into his chest. He kissed me on my neck and then slowly moved up. He was now kissing and sucking on that sensitive spot behind my earlobe. Then he whispered: "I'd like to see you try." His hot breath ignited a new wave of arousal in me and I quickly turned around in his arms and kissed him hard and deep before I pulled him to my bedroom.

Once inside, he pushed me against the door as gently as he could in this newfound state of passion. As if they had a mind of their own, my legs wrapped themselves around his waist, grinding against his crotch. A soft grunt escaped his lips before they made a beeline for my neck, leaving a trail of open-mouthed kisses all the way up to my earlobe.

"You still want to leave?" I asked as my hand slowly moved from his shoulder to his packed chest then to his rock-hard abs, carefully making my way down to his swollen crotch. I cupped his manhood, giving it a little squeeze, and my action was rewarded by a deep groan. "Remember what we said about being quiet? You and your groans are not doing that great of a job, you know." I unhooked his belt with one hand, while the other was gently tugging his hair. All the while, my lips never left his.

-

The next morning, I woke up in Julian's arms. I loved the warmth that radiated off him and I loved the cozy feeling that came with it. After I carefully turned myself in his arms. The urge to just watch him washed over me. His eyes were still closed, which made his long lashes rest on his cheekbones, and his mouth was slightly agape. He looked peaceful. I wondered if he felt as peaceful as I did now. If I've realized that taking control of my life would feel like this, I would've done it so much sooner. Although then, I certainly would've lacked the confidence to do so. It's strange how this man in front of me, who in the beginning judged my every move, who I had to lie to for him to accept me – or so I thought – was the reason my self-esteem peaked.

"What are you thinking about, beautiful?"

Probably, Julian had woken up while I was lost in my thoughts.

"Just thinking about you. Wondering whether I could deal with your snoring." I pressed a kiss on his lips. "Just kidding. You're snoring isn't all that bad. It's kind of adorable." I gave him another kiss before I moved to get out of bed. Julian apparently had some different ideas. He pulled me back and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me back to his side.

"Leaving so soon? You're not about to do the walk of shame right? We're in your bed, so I believe the walk of shame should be performed by me."

"There is no walk of anything, just me who has to pee. So, let me go before I wet my bed. I moved on from that phase when I was four years old."

With a chuckle, Julian let me go. "Hurry back," was all he said when I left my bedroom and made my way to the bathroom. In the living room, I was greeted by Chris, lounging on my couch. "Morning, sis." He sounded excited. "Are you ready to leave for the office? I can't wait to hear what you and Allison have thought off to prove dad wrong. You know I'm on your side and you know I can help you."

"Just hold that thought, Chris." And then rushed to the bathroom. What was is it with the man in my life and their needs to keep me from relieving my bladder? Once I've done my business, I washed my hands and emerged from the bathroom. "I'm leaving for the office in an hour. Make sure you're ready."

Back in my bedroom, I rejoined Julian back in my bed. I snuggled up against him and laid my head on his bare, muscled chest. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to press a kiss to my crown. "Took you long enough," he said, a smile appeared on his face. "Did your brother give you a hard time again?"

I shook my head. "Just being supportive. We're leaving for the office in an hour. I just want to figure this mess out so I can take control of my life. For once just proof that my father is an absolute dickhead, that there's more to life than spreadsheets and board meetings. I want to show him, but most importantly myself, that I'm not like him and refuse to be so."

"I'm proud of you. Do you know that?" He pressed a kiss to my head to give his words a little more meaning. "If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. You should probably get ready. As much as I would love to keep you in bed with me, I don't want to be the one that stops you from being happy proud of yourself."

A smile tucked on my lips. "You're amazing. Thank you for being supportive. Especially since I lied to your face for quite a while. I promise I'll make it up to you. I promise." I got up from my bed after I kissed him on the lips.

-

Allison was already in my office when I rolled Chris is, three much-needed cups of coffee waiting on my desk. "Allison, you're my hero." I stepped in to hug her. "Okay, let's get this thing done and over with. We have a company to safe."

The hours that followed we worked hard. Chris was mainly catching up to the mess the company is now in, while Allison and I worked on the final changes for the family-oriented resort in Hawaii. "How in the world did dad let it come to this? We're hanging on a thread here."

I just looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "Do you still think we can save this mess? Without cutting half of the jobs?"

Chris looked at me. His clouded expression and the thin line on his lips told me enough. "We'll do everything we can. But if I look at this, it's going to be one hell of a challenge." A smile then crept on his face. "It's a good thing that I like challenges, then."

In the past months, I took some close looks at the numbers. But never realized the troubles we had were this big. "Do you think dad knew about this? That he gave me this impossible task to fall in love within a short period of time, just to make me feel like I had some sort of control in the situation. But that he has a suitor ready to marry me off to? Is that suitor being an heir of a company like Harrington Inc? Was it his plan to use me as a pawn to make sure two companies would merge to save his face?"