Chapter Seven - A Challenge

Luckily, Louis had warmed even more to Liam as the week progressed, even playing Fifa against him which was a relief to Harry. Nothing truly had changed with the arrival of Liam except that Harry had to check more directions for flying water balloons or nerf guns.

As he lay in bed on Friday morning, ignoring the first alarm to go off, he heard his door open and a weight moved onto the bed and he felt Louis get beneath the blanket next to him.

"Want to skip breakfast and cuddle?" Louis asked and Harry simply opened his arm, leaving his eyes closed and Louis scooted over to him. His head laying against Harrys bare chest and Harry wrapped his arm around Louis back.

It was comfortable and so natural, and slowly he opened his eyes, his room only light because of the sun leaking through the curtains. Louis' eyes were closed as he lay on him, his hand splayed over Harrys chest.

It looked like he'd fallen back to sleep already and Harry bit his lip his mind going to how domestic this was. Niall was right, they really did act like they were already together.

Yet the furthest they'd got was cuddling, they hadn't even kissed yet, no matter how much it was implied. They flirted all the time, and they were touching ninety percent of the time too.

Harrys eyes automatically moved to Louis' lips, imagining how it would feel to actually kiss him, whether his lips would be warm or cold, soft or dry. If he would kiss strongly and passionately or gentle.

He sighed and ran his hand up and down Louis back, and reached up to take his hand on his chest and he closed his eyes again smiling slightly as Louis linked their fingers together the best they could from the angle.

He was just starting to go back to sleep when something heavy landed straight on top of him and he groaned opening his eyes blearily and trying to turn away from Clifford as he began licking them both and jumping over them on the bed.

"Cliff," Louis groaned releasing their hands as he tried to push Clifford off them but he wasn't having it. After a good two minute battle of their wills, Harry and Louis both sat up in the bed looking over at Clifford who sat down in front of them, his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth panting happily.

Harry smiled and reached out to his phone noting it was already almost nine anyway and he had a meeting in just over half an hour. He sighed and pushed his feet out of the bed, putting them on the floor as he pushed his hands through his hair and tried to wake himself up enough to support his weight and apparently Louis too, because his arms wrapped around his neck and his legs fell either side of Harrys.

"I swear if you make me fall," He muttered as he took hold of Louis' thighs.

"You haven't fallen for me yet?" Louis asked into his neck, Harry had to hide a shiver which he only half managed. "The audacity."

"Cliff is still my favourite." Harry hummed finally getting the energy to push himself and Louis up and he took a firmer hold of Louis' thighs, hoisting him up higher on his back.

"He's a cockblock." Louis muttered into Harrys neck, sounding disgruntled and in no doubt looking adorable.

"He didn't block any cocks." Harry said as he took them up the stairs, Clifford following beside them.

"How do you know, could have suddenly just pounced on your dick-" Louis said but stopped talking when they saw Liam look up from the kettle, his eyes wide.

"Um, hot drink?" He asked pointing to the kettle, trying and failing to hide a grin.

"Just to clarify," Louis said and Harry gently let Louis down off his back and he moved over to the counter leaning against it looking far more chill than the situation called for, "I'm not a usual bottom."