Chapter Thirteen - Glitter Shower

It had once again been a long week where they were all busy with work and none of them had realised until that morning just how little food they had left. They'd left it far too late to do an online shop since they were sold out for the next month which only left the option for them to go out to the shop to buy it.

Harry hadn't got a meeting until eleven and told them he was willing to go, Louis had sighed and told him he had classes all morning. Niall had jumped at a chance to go though and that's how Harry found himself sat in his car at a red light with music blaring so loud it was making the few passers by stare into the car.

"Why does the music have to be so loud?" Harry shouted to Niall who stared confused at him for a second,

"What?" He asked.

"Why is it so loud?" He asked again and to his relief Niall turned it down just as he began driving again, his poor ear drums were probably damaged.

"Just trying to stay awake, I stayed up all night," Niall explained and Harry rolled his eyes as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know, I started scrolling on tiktok and one minute it was eleven and the next it was five." Niall told him dropping his head against the window.

"Why did you even want to come to the supermarket, I'd have just stayed home and slept." Harry said shaking his head and indicating to go into the carpark of the supermarket. He parked the car and turned to Niall with a smile.

"Getting out of the house mostly, I don't do it as much as I should." He shrugged, "You and Lou go to the park all the time and I just stay by the pool most of the time. Thought getting properly out would inspire me or something."

"Well good luck with that," Harry snorted looking out at the dull supermarket. There was a short queue waiting out the front and as the got out of the car they both put on masks and went to get trolleys using wipes to sanitise them first.

It felt strange being back in a supermarket and being around people, especially as they were all keeping their distances.

When they were allowed in, it was much the same inside but when you went to another aisle and someone else was down it, it felt like Harry was threatening or something with how most people just wanted to get far away.

Perhaps it was Niall Harry reasoned who had taken it upon himself to try and put one of everything it seemed into the trolley and was spraying antibacterial spray over everything he was placing in the trolley. Where he had bought the bottle from Harry wasn't sure because he hadn't seen it on the journey up.

The whole atmosphere in the supermarket felt impersonal and wrong but Harry tried to ignore it as instead he simply followed the arrows on the floor and grabbed what they needed while Niall grabbed what they wanted. It wasn't until they'd followed the arrows down the party aisle that Harrys eyes focused in on something and a plan hatched in his mind. He picked up the multipack of glitter from the shelf and smiled as he threw it into the trolley before they continued along picking out more soft drinks and beers and Harry went through a few wine bottles until he'd picked a few they'd like.

Finally they were done and they somehow managed to fit it all into the car. It was half ten by the time they got back so other than making sure he'd grabbed the glitter, he left Niall and Liam to unload the shopping and after scrubbing his body and changing into other clothes and the ones he'd been wearing straight into the wash he got onto his meeting.

He had a break for lunch and he waited an extra five minutes before rejoining his meeting because he had a tub of glitter ready and a man set up in the dining room on a zoom call to a bunch of year threes who would love their teacher to be covered in glitter.