Chapter Ten - On the Same Page

Getting back into the swing of work was quite difficult after the week off and his sleep schedule was definitely a lot worse. He spent the first couple of days like a zombie until he just about managed to get into a somewhat reasonable routine.

By Thursday he was getting up reluctantly after his alarm had rung for the fourth time after snoozing it. He went for a cold shower in the hopes it would wake him up slightly and as he stood by the sink brushing his teeth he wrote 'Morning sunshine," on the mirror which they seemed to be doing a lot more often before walking back into his room.

He got dressed slowly before walking upstairs to the kitchen where he boiled the kettle ready for Louis and put some toast on for himself leaning tiredly against the counter already waiting for the weekend.

He heard Clifford's claws on the stairs before Louis, and he turned sleepily to watch Clifford trot into the kitchen and go straight to Harry to greet him. Harry stroked his head as Louis joined him in the kitchen.

"Morning, love" Louis said smiling as he walked over to the kettle still boiling and he got two mugs down from the cupboard.

"Hey," He said running his hand through his hair and pushing it off his face before rubbing his eyes. "When are you starting today?"

"My first class is at eleven," Louis said starting to make them both tea and Harry hummed.

"Want to take Cliff out for a bit then? My Meeting is at half ten."

"Why didn't we just sleep in?" Louis said shaking his head as he went to get a teaspoon.

"I don't know about you but I'm trying to get my sleep pattern back to somewhat normal." Harry said moving to get the butter meaning they ended up having to side step each other. "Can you grab a knife?"

Louis opened the cutlery drawer as Harry opened the fridge and he got the butter and milk out before handing the milk over to Louis and taking the knife from him.

"Cheers," Louis smiled, "Anyway, sure. We'll take Cliff out after breakfast. Might actually wake us up a little."

Harry grabbed a plate and a bowl out of the cupboard and he slid the bowl down to Louis who had already got the cereal out of the cupboard and he then grabbed his toast and buttered it trying to not think about how synchronised they'd somehow become working together in the kitchen.

Harry went to move over to the breakfast bar but Louis caught his hip and pulled him into his chest wrapping his arms around him. Harry sighed and returned it burying his face into Louis' hair and smiled.

"I miss cuddling you in the morning," Louis said into Harrys neck and he had to suppress a shudder and just squeezed Louis a little tighter.

"You can come cuddle me whenever," Harry replied. He missed it too, and even more so since they'd spent the whole night together. It was like he'd been spoilt and since they were both up early their cuddle time was mostly spent on the sofa or the decking in the evenings.

"In the middle of the night?" Louis asked quietly, and Harry closed his eyes as Louis lips brushed against his neck softly after he'd spoken.

"Any time." He reaffirmed and as Louis pressed a real kiss to his neck, Harry felt a fire ignite inside him his heart loud in his ears as he tried to simply focus on the next gentle kiss higher on his neck.

He gripped Louis' hoody, holding his breath as the next kiss hit his jawline. His eyes remained closed as he felt the familiar butterfly swarm through him desperate for this affection and closeness.