twelve

"minerva?" you call out as soon as you have your underwear on.

"yes?" her voice comes from behind the door immediately. "i'm still here, y/n is there something you want?"

"uh-" you laugh, looking down at the floor and itching the back of your neck. "i need clothes."

there was a moment of silence where you could hear the slight shuffling of fabric and glass before you heard the woman clear her throat.

"do you mind if i come in with everything?"

you look down at yourself and pull the towel severus left you off the counter of the sink and wrap it around yourself.

"no. you can come in."

minerva opens the door and walks in, holding much more things than you thought she would be.

turns out the woman hadn't only gotten you clothes, but a few choices of outfits as well as some cosmetic stuff.

"oh, you didn't have to-"

"nonsense." minerva cuts you off. "it would be barbaric to leave you without some sort of lotion or treatments."

her eyes dart to your arm. it's still bright purple.

"i- i don't know if you should put anything on-"

"it's fine." you laugh, shaking your head. "back home, all i ever used to clean my arm was mike's after shave and some old hand cream."

"after shave?" minerva's eyes widened, she was half blood so you assumed she knew what it was.

"doesn't that have alcohol in it? i bet that stung."

"it did." you nod.

"but, it sterilised it at the very least. i learned sterilisation was the best way to avoid infection in one of the books i stol-"

you stop.

"one of the books i read."

minerva studied you with her green eyes, and though you felt as though she was reading your mind, you didn't feel uncomfortable with her even in your towel.

you'd never felt that comfortable with anyone like this before.

you'd never felt so safe.

"here." she said, "pick something out and slip it on. i'll be here just in case."

you smile as you run your hand over the fabric.

it's the softest you've felt in years.

"these should do."

you pick out a short sleeved back top and some purple cotton bottoms.

you'd never seen anyone wear anything like this before in the few magazines tucked under your floorboards so you assumed that these were wizard clothes.

"they smell nice." you mumble, as you slip the trousers on first.

"mm." minerva nodded. "i gave them a magical cleaning after i bought them. didn't want to be giving you dirty clothes."

"wouldn't be my first time." you grunted, as you pulled your head through the hole in the black top.

it was tight enough, to keep you warm after the inalgesco but the short sleeves would make it easy for severus to reach the punctures on your arm.

"how do i look?" you ask, twirling a peice of hair around your finger. "besides, clean that is."

she thought for a while before smirking.