Chapter 5

You didn't know how to spend your Saturday, so you decided to go play basketball. You called up your friend from 7th grade to play with you. You both met up at the Basketball court closest to you, they insisted and surprisingly, they were there first.

"Tetsuya-kun!" you flung your arms around him.

"It has been a while, (l/n)-chan." The blue haired boy replied.

You smiled at him. "I haven't seen you since our first year in junior high."

He gently squeezed you in the hug. "I wish you didn't go away."

When you finally pulled away from him, you started the one-on-one basketball game with him. He was a little better than he was in the 7th grade, that was for sure. You still beat him, though.

"Good game, Tetsuya-kun!" You praised him. "You have gotten better are you in basketball this year too?"

He gave you a small smile, "Yes. I like the people on the team. They play basketball the way I like to play basketball. They play it because they love it. I am very happy with our school too. This is the second year that the team has been around."

What he just said shocked you. "Tetsuya-kun, what school are you going to?"

"Seirin." He replied.

"Why didn't you go to one of the schools with one of the top basketball teams? I am sure they would've taken you. You were a starter for your team, right?" Despite being his friend, you never watched him play with his team. You preferred to play than to watch.

He looks at you straight in the eyes. "I wanted to be part of a team that is playing basketball for fun. The other schools are doing it just to win. I don't like that basketball."

"Don't you like to win?"

"Do not misunderstand, (l/n)-chan. I have no interest in losing. I will always play my best and will work to getting my team to the top, but do you want to play with people that don't care about anyone else as long as they win? I don't."

He did have a point. "Okay Tetsuya-kun. Want to go get some milkshakes?"

"Okay, but I will buy one for you." He stated, "You still like vanilla, right?"

You nodded your head, "You still get a vanilla milkshake like everyday?"

He smiled and nodded. He was so adorable like a puppy. You petted his hair and just then, a small husky puppy runs up to Tetsuya and starts jumping up on his leg. He picked it up and it licked his face.

"OMG!" It was too cute! You got out your phone and took a picture. Looking at the picture, you said, "Too cute."

"Why did you take a picture, (l/n)-chan?" The blue haired boy looks at you with his usual blank expression, but you could tell that he was confused.

"That puppy looks just like you and it licked your face. It was too cute so I had to take a picture. I am going to set it as my phone wallpaper." You quickly set it as your wallpaper and smiled at it. "Well, let's go get some milkshakes!"

Tetsuya had put his puppy whom his team named Kuroko Tetsuya number 2 after the original in his duffle bag so he could come in with you guys when you were having your smoothies.

"Kuroko!" You heard a voice and turned toward it to see a huge guy with red hair and red eyes. At the sight of red, you thought of Akashi.

"Kagami-kun." Tetsuya replied as the red haired guy sat down next to him.

You, sitting across from Tetsuya, looked at the other guy with a puzzled expression on your face. "Tetsuya-kun, do you know this person?"

He nods and decides to introduce you to his friend, "(l/n)-chan, this is Kagami Taiga. He plays with me on the Basketball team at Seirin. He is our Ace. Kagami-kun, this is (l/n) (f/n). She is my childhood friend and attended Teiko Junior High with me for one year before moving to America for 2 years. She was our Female Basketball team's ace."

"Woah! Kuroko, you sure get around!" Kagami exclaimed.

"I do not know what you mean, Kagami-kun." Tetsuya stated.

Kagami puts his hand over his mouth and whispers into Tetsuya's ear. The blue haired boy's eyes widen and he quickly says, "No we're not dating or anything."

"What did he say, Tetsuya-kun?" You inquire.

"He just asked me if I was two-timing with you and Momoi-san." He answered.

"You have a girlfriend?" You were curious, "Who is this Momoi-san?"

Kuroko looks away, "Momoi Satsuki just used to be Teiko's Basketball team manager. We're not dating."

"She's all over you!" Kagami insists.

You smile, "My little Tetsuya-kun has a fan girl. So cute."

Obviously not liking the subject, Tetsuya changes it. "What school are you going to now, (l/n)-chan?"

"Oh. Me? I'm going to Rakuzan."

"Are you playing Basketball for the girls' team at Rakuzan?" Kagami asks, "I hear that they have a great program there."

You shake your head and brush some of your (h/c) hair behind your ears. "I haven't been playing Basketball since I moved away. This is the first time that I have played in 2 years."

"She's really good though." Tetsuya tells Kagami. Then, he turns toward you, "Did you say RAKUZAN?"

"Um. Yeah. Why?" You were a little worried by the way he said your school name.

Your childhood friend puts his head on the table for a second then picks himself up only to put his head in his hands. "Why Rakuzan?"

"I don't know." You answered. "I thought that I might want to watch my school Basketball team play or something. The curriculum there is fantastic, too."

When you finally get him to look at you, his eyes are clouded with worry. "That's where Akashi Seijuro went."

You gasp. "How do you know that name!?"

"Oh. So you've met him?" Tetsuya says, "I see... He was the captain of the Basketball team at Teiko."

It was your turn to rest your head on the table. This is just crazy. If you had spent more time with Tetsuya, you could have met that guy sooner. All of your problems could have been avoided. "Testsuya-kun, you know something, don't you?"

"I'm sorry, Kagami-kun, but I need to leave with (l/n)-chan in order to explain this better to her." Tetsuya tells Kagami.

You had been walking for quite a while with Kuroko just staring blankly ahead, showing no signs of even wanting to talk, so you stopped him. "Tetsuya-kun, don't you have something you want to say to me?"

He slowly turns towards you. "If you had asked me what school you should go to, I would have sent you to any school other than Rakuzan. Akashi-kun is different from the other miracles."

"Miracles?" You ask, "Like the 'Generation of Miracles' that I have been hearing about? That is you and your team?"

He nods. "Akashi-kun really liked you in Junior High. He was planning to ask you out 8th grade year, but you moved. He was really jealous of my relationship with you. I could tell even though he never did anything outright to me. I could see it in the way he looked at you."

"So," You began, "since Junior High, Seijuro-kun has had feelings for me?"

Tetsuya nods, but says nothing else after that. You held number two in your arms and snuggled him. You tried asking more questions, but he refused to answer them. Instead, he walked you home.

"Thanks for meeting with me today, Tetsuya-kun." You said as you handed the puppy back to him.

He just nodded and walked away. He was probably worrying about you, but you didn't need him worrying about you. You already knew exactly what you had to do.