Chapter 8

"Hey, where's your boyfriend?" asks Yoshida Aiko, one of your friends in your class. She was fairly beautiful, though she was rather pale and skinny. She had long, dark brown hair, and her bangs half covered her hazel eyes with long strandson either side of her face, framing it. She usually wore her hair in a ponytail, and always wore a ring on the middle finger of her right hand that. It was a present from her grandmother that passed a year ago.

"You mean Shu-kun?" You ask innocently.

She rolls her eyes. "Who else?"

You shake your head. "I'm not dating Shu-kun anymore."

She looks surprised. "Really? Why did you come so late to school then? Surely it must have been a long night with your beloved."

"I said I'm not dating him anymore." You say rather irritated. "I spent the night at a friend's house because it was really late when we were hanging out. It was completely unplanned." You technically weren't lying. You and Akashi hadn't made it official and you didn't intend on staying the night at his house.

She pouts. "Who did you spend the night with if it wasn't me?"

You laugh, "I have other friends besides you."

"But they're all guys!"

You frown. Surely I have other friends that are girls besides Yoshida. you think to yourself. You try to recall all of your friends, but Yoshida is the only one that comes up as a female. Well, that's just out of your friends in Japan. You had more friends in America from when you lived there for 2 years. "That doesn't matter at all."

She raises an eyebrow at you and breaks out into a wicked smile. "Oh. Have you been getting around? Tell me about the action. I want to know everything."

You shake your hands in front of her face and your head while squeezing your eyes shut, blushing profoundly. "It's not like that!" You straightened up and expalin, "We were hanging out and lost track of the time. We went to his house and hung out there for a while, but when we checked the time, it was already late so I stayed over and we kind of overslept since we were up most of the night. Nothing happened."

Yoshida frowned, "That's no fun." Then she remembers something. "Come to think of it, Hamasaki-san said that Akashi-kun was also late to school this morning and he is always so punctual to everything. He's so perfect in everything that he does."

That Hamasaki Chiharu never paid attention to anything important like her school work, but was in everyone else's business. At least it made the school newspaper interesting. Even though it irritatd you that she was getting into Akashi's busines, it warmed your heart to hear him being spoken of like that. You smiled. "Yeah. He really is."

Yoshida's face lights up, "It was Akashi-kun, wasn't it!" It wasn't really a question. It was more of a statement. "You spent the night at Akashi Seijuro's house!" She sang. You covered her mouth with your hands to get her to shut up.

"Not so loud!" You hiss under your breath. When she showed you that she would be quiet, you removed your hands from her mouth. "Yes, it was Seijuro-kun, but I assure you that nothing happened."

"Are you sure?" She asks, "You use his first name so that means that you are close. He is never late, but he was late because of spending time with you. This could cause his grades to drop, but he did it for you. I'm so jealous! Akashi-kun is such a hottie! No only is he brilliant, but he is also the captain of our Basketball team!"

Then, you got the most genious idea ever. "Hey, do you think Hamasaki-san has details on Seijuro-kun in her files on the students?"

"It is possible. Why?" At first, her face was the perfect pictue of confusion and puzzlement, but then it brightened into a wide grin of understanding and excitemen filled her eyes. "Oh. I know."

"What do you know, Yoshida-san?" The teacher is not happy.

"Ummm." She looks to you, but you look away. She was on her own.

The teacher's voice shows all of the anger he displayed on his face, "I tried to ignore all of the outbursts, but one can only take so many distrations. So, you know something that we don't know? Tell us."

"Akashi Seijuro and (l/n) (f/n) are involved with each other now that (f/n)-chan has broken up with her past boyfriend Hanashiro Shu."

You couldn't believe what she just said. You whirled your head around to look at her with your eyes open wide blushing like mad. After it fully registered, you set your glare on her. How dare she spill out the beans like that!? you angrily think to yourself.

She mouths the word "payback" to you and you remember when you were chatting with each other and she abandoned you when you were called out by he teacher so you spilled what you were talking about. You mouth the words "not fair" back at her. She gives you a smile, but there is something that you notice. The teacher hasn't started talking yet. You turn your head to see the teacher gaping at you. Not Yoshida, but you.

"Ummm. Fujioka-sensei?" You start, "Is there something wrong?"

"YOU'RE involved with Akashi Seijuro?" He asks you, dumbfounded.

You didn't like the way that he said "you're" so you felt a little irritated and insulted. "What's THAT supposed to mean?"

He shakes his head and starts back up with the lesson. RUDE. You want to press on, but decided not to.

At lunch, you sat with Hamasaki Chiharu and began your investigation.

"Ummm. Hamasaki-san?" You started.

"You want the dirt on Akashi Seijuro-kun, don't you?" The blonde girl didn't even look up from her meal. "Alright," she says without waiting for you to answer. "I'll tell you what you want to know."

You brightened up, "Thanks Hama-"

"IF you tell me what I want to know." She interrupts you before you could express your thanks.

The strings attached to the information you wanted took you by suprise, "What kind of information?"

"I want to know how you and Akashi-kun are involved." She smiles at you, her hazel eyes dancing with excitement at the new story that she could put in her newspaper.

You swallow hard and look down. You knew that you were blushing. "We are not involved. We are just friends."

"Just friends, you say?" A voice appearing behind you makes you jump.

You turn around to face the new person. "Seijuro-kun!" Akashi had a smirk on hi face, but his eyes were saying that he wasn't happy. "I-Is there something wrong?"

He starts stroking your (h/l) (h/c) hair. "Why, yes." He says, "One of my things is denying that it is mine."

Hamasaki squealed in delight and quickly took out her notepad. Her pen was moving across the pages at lihtning fast speed.

"Come with me." At Akashi's order, you are compelled to obey and you follow him out of the cafeteria.

"What the hell was that!?" You ask Akashi angrily when you are out in the empty hallway, "Now they're going to think we're going out right after I dumped Hanashiro-kun!"

Akashi's face turns dark, "Didn't I tell you not to mention Shu's name again?"

"You used to call him by his last name." You point out, "Why do you use his first name now?"

His face softens, "I heard that in America, athletes address each other by their last name so I wanted to impress you, but when I knew that I had you, I didn't care what I called him."

"Seijuro-kun..." You said softly and you stroked his face.

In a second, his face darkened and his scissors were right in front of your face. "If you ever mention his name again or deny that you are mine, there will be consequences." Just as quickly as he did that, he was gone. Probably back to the cafeteria.