chapter twelve

****
One week before..
****
"When are you guys getting married? I know Hardin thinks that if he doesn't leave you, you guys are practically married." I laugh at Landon. I mean me and Hardin aren't legally married, but it seems as if we are, especially since we live together and I have his kids.
"To be honest Landon, I don't think we both have time to decorate or plan something that big. Hardin has work and book deals, I have twin boys in my stomach. I'd probably break all of the wedding dresses I try on."
Landon laughs into the phone before Nora takes over.
"Tessa!! We have to plan you a wedding, right Landon?" Landon nods at the camera.
"She's right Tessa let us plan it for you guys. Nora can bake a huge cake and since you were a wedding planner she can sort through your old planners to see which one you and Hardin would like."
"That does sound nice... Alright fine you guys convince me, but convincing Hardin is going to be trickier than you think.." I smile and so do the both of them.
"I'll start planning right away, the wedding should be soon but if you want to have the twins first that's alright aswell." I nod.
"Yeah if that's alright i'll probably get married after having the twins so I could fit into the dress more easier."
We say our goodbyes and end the call.
****
Now
****
I was supposed to be due a couple of days ago, but these twins aren't coming quite yet.
Hardin walks into the house and grabs Emery. She laughs and he walks over to me on the couch.
"Hey Tess, how are you and the twins?"
"Pretty good other than the fact that they won't leave my stomach." He laughs and kisses my forehead.
"Are you feeling okay? You seem to look like you can't walk or move."
"I haven't really tried to move, i've been laying here since last night just watching netflix."
I try to get up but I can't seem to move. It hurts like hell when I try to move. Hardin seems to notice and he tries to help but it hurts a lot.
"Tess, I think you're going to have the babies soon.."
I look up at Hardin.
"No, Hardin. I think i'm going to have them today.."
Hardin calls Landon and Nora, who immediately come over to help me get into the car.
I can feel the contractions coming and Hardin can see the pain in my eyes.
****
When we arrive to the hospital they put me into a wheel chair and take me to the delivery room. Hardin holds my hand for the whole delivery.
****
We meet our two boys, Auden and Allen. They look identical but I can already tell the difference between them.
Hardin holds them while I sleep, but I watch him carry them around the room. It's been a day since we got here and today we get to take them home.
Landon and Nora arrive at the hospital with Emery. They both carry each of the twins and Hardin watches Emery who's looking at the twins.
She comes over to hug me while Landon and Nora come over to hand me the twins.
I put them both into Emery's hands while carefully helping her hold the twins heads. She smiles at them and they both stare at her with their blue/green eyes.