Chapter 03: 6 years

Nightwing's POV

It felt weird to be back in Happy Harbor, it's been 6 years since I left. I sat currently on a balcony of a random abandoned apartment, it was raining. My hair felt and stuck to my forehead and I stood up looking for my target.

"Thomas Sanders." I said and jumped off the balcony and I landed in a roof of a house and took off running and flipping to other buildings looking for Thomas Sanders, mid 50's and divorced and I walked and saw him talking to a police officer near a body that (I) dropped. I got into position; my preferred weapon was a crossbow. Sure call me old school but hey, it's my major. I aimed the scope at the back of his neck to penetrate the spinal cord which would cause him to be paralyzed for life then slit his throat. I put up my hood and looked at him.

"Here it goes." I muttered and put my finger on the trigger and took a breath. I pulled and the arrow spun and went into his spinal cord and he dropped to the floor limp.

"Thomas." the officer said and I jumped down.

"Get away." I said and grabbed my knife.

"Bye Thomas." I said and sliced his throat.

"No!" His former wife screamed and looked at the horrifying site by him and I shot then a glare and flipped away into the shadows. I flipped up the building and landed on top of it and saw the Young Justice and that imposter of Kid Flash, I observed quietly until the saw me. It was the original team.

"Get him!" Conner yelled and they started after me. I began running and Impulse got in front of me.

"Going somewhere?" he said and I smirked.

"No, just got lost" I said and he was confused.

"Ok, then take off your hood." he said and I was a bit stiffened.

"Ok." I said and grabbed my smoke pellets. But this time, they have a time and run forever so it's useless to make the smoke go away.

"Here you go." I said and clicked the button and he was looking around.

"Where did you..." he said and I charged him and hit 3 vital areas with my hand and he dropped unconscious and I turned it off.

"One more speedster down." I said and looked behind me.

"4 more to go." I sighed and they looked at me.

"Where's Bird Boy?" I asked, it was me.

"He quit." Tigress said boldly.

"What about Kid Flash?" I said and she almost broke.

"He's dead" she said and I smiled.

"See, the truth bares no witnesses." I said and looked at them.

"What about that fish girl, Tula?" I said and Aqualad stared at me with hatred and anger.

"Do not speak about her." he said and charged me, he threw a punch I grabbed his hand. I spun him around and held a knife at his neck and constricting his legs.

"He didn't quit." I whispered in his ear.

"You kicked him off." I said and elbowed his neck, he dropped to the floor and Megan came. She was kicking and I punched her in the stomach and smashed her head into my knee. She went limp on the floor and I heard a bow being pulled.

"Stop." Tigress stated and I turned around.

"Like you didn't say when Robin left." I said and she stopped.

"I have a bow." she said and I knew that, it was simple.

"Oh a bow." I said and pulled up my crossbow, she had fury and anger in her grey eyes. Along with grief, suffering and lose. "You wouldn't dare you it."

"I will." She sighed and took a breath. "Then suffer." she said and then everything went into slow motion. She breathed and released the arrow, it spun towards me and I caught it before it embedded my chest. I grabbed it.

"Took me forever to learn that one." I said and twirled it in my hand. She and the team looked astonished and I scoffed.

I spun around and threw it at her shoulder and it hit its target. She took a step back, the arrow tore her tendon. I smirked at the work I accomplished and Conner ran to her before she hit the ground.

"Better get her to a hospital Superboy." I said and he grabbed her.

"At her rate she could die in 7 minutes." I said after and he scowled.

"You will pay." he said and glared. But, I laughed.

"You've said that to many times." I said and flipped off into the night.

Not leaving any trail from where people could find me at all. I was Nightwing, hired assassin. I think I might take some time off and have some one on one time with my 'team'...