Chapter 06: News

Batman's POV

We had to rush Nightwing to the Medical Bay fast. We ran through the mountain and Flash walked in with doctors. We had to wait. I needed to know what happened.

"Bats, you're not gonna like this." Flash said and I was confused.

"Why, Flash what w-" he cut me off when he opened the curtain and there I saw him. "Dick..." I whispered and his image broke my heart. He was really pale, he had very dark circles under his eyes and his lungs moved up and down really slowly.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked and Flash bit his lip. "What's wrong?" I said sternly; Flash looked like he was going to die.

"He was injected with a serum to make you lose your memories..... But that's not all." he said and I closed my eyes. Dick what happened to you?

" What else happened...."

Nightwing's POV

What happened? What is that gosh dang beeping?! Where am I? Who even am I? My eyes shot open and the beeping increase dramatically. I looked around frantically and I saw people in white over coats and one in a black and grey uniform. His eyes crossed over to me. His eyes widened.

"He's up!" he yelled and rushed over to me. I scattered as far away from him as I could, I don't know this crazy person!!

"Richard." he said, I was studying him, and he seemed focused yet distracted at the same time.

"So, all his memories are erased?" a man in white asked a man in a red suit with a lighting blot at the center of his chest.

"Yes." the man in red replied.

"Richard." the man in black said and my vision focused back on him.

"W-where am I-I?" I asked, kind of scared, I have no clue where I am.

"You're at the Mount Justice Medical Bay." he replied and I looked around.

"Kind of dangerous with the syringes and the medical knife thingies don't ya think?" I asked and he smaller a bit.

"Still the small sense of humor I see." the man in black replied and I had no clue what he was talking about.

"Bats." the man in red yelled and rushed really fast to his side like in the blink of an eye fast.

"What is it, Flash?" Bats asked Flash and he looked at me.

"His coughing and grabbing his stomach doesn't make any sense. The serum was neurological not abdominal." Flash said and looked at me with his green eyes. Bats looked at me too.

"What do you think it means, Batman?" Flash said afterwards so Bats was short for Batman. Batman was just studying me like a lab experiment gone wrong, I probably was. My hand started shaking and I needed to move.

"You ok?" Flash asked me and I shook my head.

"I needed to do something, anything but sitting down." I said, well sort of whined but that's not the point.

"Ok." Batman asked and I swung my feet over the side the bed and stood up. I stumbled a bit but I stood just fine, Batman and Flash walked side by side with me as we walked by some scientists. They looked scared at the way I acted, hmmmm. Take note of that...

"So what do you remember?" Batman asked me bringing me out of my train of though. I looked at him.

"Nothing... Not a name... A past or any single thing at all." I said and we made our way up the stairs.

"Ok." Flash said and I saw a door that said 'Outside' and we walked through it. Well it wasn't really outside it was a room that was outside, nothing really special.

"We're going to tell you all you need to know about who you are." Batman said, he sounded over protective over me. Hmmm. Then we walked outside outside, the air was amazing on my face. Batman and Flash stopped and they were whispering to each other. I could hear it though.

"So he wasn't himself." Flash whispered.

"No, that serum Ra's, Owlman and DeathStroke gave him was a mind numbing agent so he wasn't in control about what he was doing." Batman whispered back.

"So, what do you think they did to him to make it last 6 years?" Flash asked.

"I don't know, but it must have been bad." Batman whispered back.

"Who's Ra's, Owlman and DeathStroke?" I muttered to myself and a voice yelled out.

"Your former partner" he said and I saw two darts rush by and they hit Batman and Flash. They dropped relatively fast, I just stood there and he laughed.

"You need to get faster kid" he said and 4 darts rushed towards me. I flipped over them and they hit a tree with a dud...dud...dud...dud sound. He smiled under his half orange and black mask.

"See your learning but not fast enough. You were probably my best student out of all the ones I've killed. You were like a son to me." he said and shot 4 more darts but these ones were two fast. They embedded in my skin and I dropped to my knees and looked at him above me. He put his foot on my shoulder.

"Or should I say kid." he said and kicked me over and when my head hit the ground I blacked out....

What did he mean by kid.....?

!$HM