Chapter 11: The video

Dick's POV (A/N: Just explains video, please listen to song for chapter)

|Start Of Video|

"Welcome to test subject 37 labeled Renegade." a voice spoke behind the camera. Then the black screen came to white, there was a room. In the middle was a boy with Raven black hair.

"Come On Richard." the sick voice spoke again and the boy didn't move. Then the man behind the camera appeared, William Cobb. He walked over and grabbed the boys chin and lifted his face. The boy's eyes opened to where all you could see was a sterling sliver; all you could see was a bit of his oceanic blue eyes.

"That's it Richard." William said and started circling the boy. Hands behind his back like he was circling his prey. The boy started slowly breathing from his mouth as his head dropped.

"W-What did y-you do to m-me?" the boy asked in a calm yet sputtering action. William stopped and smirked at the young boy.

"I made you better my dear boy, helped you become more." William said and the boys head shot up. The boy's eyes held a burning fury.

"I don't want to be better!" He yelled and William just laughed at him.

"What do you mean? You said that the team betrayed you and Batman disowned you." William said and the boy's shoulders fell a bit and he hung his head and bit his lip.

"Your family hates you, no need for the charity case. They don't need you your just an extra hassle for them to deal with." William said and started circling him again. The boy shook his head.

"You're wrong." the boy countered and then William laughed. The boy had a puzzled look trying to calculate what is going on.

"Are you sure about that Richard? I mean they haven't found you yet. And my good friend DeathStroke says that they have stopped looking for you." William said and the boy looked up. He shook his head.

"They wouldn't do that." he said try to find any hope of faith to be found.

"But you did say that the team was treating you like a child, pathetic child." William said and stopped in front of the boy.

"I'm not pathetic." the boy snarled at the older man, the man just chuckled and elbows the boy in the side of the head.

"Well, we'll see then" William laughed and the video became static. Before another image popped up.

"Welcome test subject 37 labeled Renegade."

The room had changed, it was grey now. Then the boy was chained to the ceiling with his limbs were like a starfish. Each chain tightly around his arms and legs.

"Wake Up now." William taunted and the boy spit on the floor. The content was a mixture of foam and blood. "Did you enjoy was Joker did with you baby bird?" William laughed as the boy looked up. He had deep bags under his eyes, sweat beating down his face, scars and cuts all over his body and he was visibly shaking.

"No." the boy managed to say with pain written all over his face.

"Why not? Is it because Mr. Batman wasn't here to save you?" William laughed and the boys head shot up quickly, his bit his bottom lip to prevent screaming in pain.

"Pathetic 13 year old, you'll never amount to anything." William said and he had something in his hand. "Now they are going to know that what we did to you was for a purpose" William said in a dark voice and pushed it in Richards back. The boy finally broke and he screamed, it sounded so broken and lost.

"We broke the birdie;" William said and clapped his hands. He dropped the brand to the ground and pulled something from his jacket. It was a syringe. "Now you're an experiment that I created." William whispered with a twisted tone and stabbed the syringe into the boy's neck. He slowly squeezed the context into the boy's neck and the boys head instantly dropped.

"You're going to do many things that the world couldn't possibly forgive you for." William said and slowly walked out of the room and the camera film went to static.

|End Of Video|

"Dick..." Jason said and I hadn't look away from the screen.

"Yeah Jay?" I asked in a somewhat of a voice crack. I hands were shaking under the table but I was glad that they didn't see them.

"You ok?" He asked after and Bruce stepped forward.

"What did he mean when he said that the team treated you like a child?" Bruce asked and I turned around in the chair with my face deadly pale.

"The team said that they hated me and kicked me off because I was too young." I replied and Bruce shook his head.

"Here let me show you the camera footage from that day." Bruce moved towards the keyboard before the alarm started blazing.

"What is it Superman?" Batman said and tapped the com link on his ear. Batman eyes widened.

"Ok, be right there." he said and looked at us.

"Jason you'd stay here with Dick, Damian, Tim and Black Canary." Batman said before Jason nodded.

"What's going on?" I asked and Batman looked at me.

"DeathStroke wants their terminator puppet back" Batman said and ran into the zeta-tube. How did he know I said- sonic hearing. Of course.

"Terminator Puppet...?" Jason questioned me and I shrugged.

"That's how I worded it." I replied and Jason grabbed me from the chair and we started running towards the Medical Bay.

"We need to alert Canary." Jason said before a laugh was heard.

"Not today Red, and friend?" The voice said before that menial laughing. Joker.

"How did Joker get in here?" I whispered before we swiftly turned and saw Joker and Harley.

"How did you..." Damian said before appearing behind us, we got in a fighting stance.

"Who's your friend right there?" Harley asked and kissed the air, blew it to me then did a wave at me and eyed me down.

"This is Nightwing." Jason said and Joker laughed.

"Kryptonian Hero, really?" Joker said and I swiftly kicked him in the face. His back hit a wall and he was still laughing. I dodged Harley hammer and punched her in the stomach and did an uppercut. She fell to the floor in unconsciousness then I looked back at Joker. I grabbed his head and banged it against the wall; I threw him next to Harley.

"Now where were we?" I asked before I looked back at their shocked face. I heard a noise and I elbowed someone's stomach and it was Joker. I turned around and cat punched him in the nose, breaking it effectively. I felt something in my stomach and I looked down.

"Enjoy that scar." he laughed before going into unconsciousness. My hands began to shake as I dropped him.

"Nightwing!" Someone yelled before I hit the floor and on my back. I saw a blurred image of Jason and Tim. Then my vision was cut.

"Nigh-"

q$MS