Frequently Asked Questions

So, I would like to begin with saying that it's been a minute since I have been on this book since finishing it. I read everyone's comments and still interact with my fellow readers yet I have been mainly fixated on my current book WAR. However, after gaining over 500K reads I would firstly like to thank you all for reading! With this amount of reads there are a lot of questions asked that whether joking or serious I'd like to answer! Shall we begin?

1) When speaking to Delaney why does Raven call her 'dear'?

- This had to have been the funniest thing from reading comments on this book. I never expected so many people to say that Raven sounds like a grandpa! However, I will address this. When writing because of their age gap any other 'lovey-dovey' nicknames purely felt wrong. Let it also be known that Raven did not grow up with a strong mother figure nor a father that he was close to, his closest parent like relationships was Mary and Micheal both of which were older. So it was natural for him to call Delaney 'dear' because of their  new relationship and his own past influential people in his life.

2) Why did you decide to add an age gap to their relationship?

An age gap can be one of the most difficult parts of a relationship. Obviously with werewolf books there is the process of mates and the inability to choose who you are mated to. Thus meaning that with an age gap it was able to open up other opportunities and issues along with it. Yet, the sole reason why I decided to do an age gap was because I wanted to send a message that a relationship should never be based solely off of sex which is seen in many books and media today. I wanted readers to acknowledge the presence and gap between ages as a way for both characters to grow emotionally before having a sexual relationship. A sexual relationship with a partner is equally important to emotionally but also, I at a young age writing did not want to jump into sex scenes in my first book. (Though even in the real world I am sure most of us would not wait until 18 to have that relationship with our own mates)

3) As the book continues why did some characters seem to break away?

In all honesty I did not expect readers to realize that Meghan in the first chapter 'disappeared' however with background characters this can often happen. In some ways we can say that perhaps Delaney was simply too busy for her old life as she was put into the werewolf world, you may think of it in that way;however, most times I simply forgot about those characters like Julia,Meghan, and Jake as they did not bring much to the table and were fillers for some chapters.

4) When in the cell, why didn't Delaney mind link Raven or Jax?

Sometimes when we're put under so much stress we can forget the easy solutions in front of us, we can freak out internally or physically. When in the cell, Delaney had just woken up and figured out what was going on, with little idea of what to do. Also at such a long distance from her pack and little strength from being abused by Adam, she could not mind link at the time. It took all of her strength to mind link Raven before getting the wolfs bane either way.

5) Why did Raven ignore how he felt at the beginning?

He loved Delaney from the start no doubt but he had been abandoned by both his mother and father. Along with Veronica tricking him early on, all of this lead to his fear of relationships and abandonment issues. He was harsh to Delaney, yes but it was behind good reasoning and his own walls around his heart.

6) Why did you write His Young Mate?

Well, I had written a few books previously with some getting only a few hundred reads. (They were horrible thinking back so no wonder) One summer a few years ago I was incredibly bored as I typically was so I began writing. I never really did have a true plan as to what and where the book was going but it developed slowly and I was surprised when getting a hundred reads, then a thousand, then 10 thousand and so on. As the reads piled up the more I wrote. I still find my own book cringe worthy yet it makes me joyous knowing some of you loved it. I think writing this book is what allowed me to find the real type of books I enjoy writing. One's that are more mature than a 13 year old writing a werewolf story.

7) Will there be a sequel?

No, unfortunately after beginning to write Twisted and nearly finishing I began to realize that even though I may enjoy reading werewolf books it does not mean I necessarily enjoy writing it. I decided I was not going to waste time on a book I myself was not enjoying writing. So, no there will not be a sequel. I may however, reconsider going back and rewriting Twisted so follow to keep in touch with that!

These were some questions I could think off the bat that I know some readers asked, if there are any questions you have don't be afraid to comment some : )