Chapter 13.

Happy Holidays guys! I hope y'all enjoy this holiday chapter. Have a nice day!

—-
(2 months later)

It's been two months since the attack, everything has seemed calm. Raven's wounds healed quite quickly due to; of course, werewolf strength and heightened senses. Yet, Raven's and I 'relationship' has stayed at a level zero. He's piled his desk up with papers each day leaving only a few minutes for me to see him.  It almost made me feel rejected in a sense, the fact that he rather work all day instead of spending a hour or so with me. I didn't complain to him nor anyone else, I kept it to myself because I knew he was still processing everything with his mother. I did not want to distract him from his work either, I wanted to bond with him from afar, I often thought back to his gentle touches on my hands as it was unfortunately the only thing I could rely on. I huffed as I looked out my window to see the first snow of the season. The holidays were only a week away. I watched as the white powder substance lightly coated the trees and ground. It truly looked like a winter wonderland.

I bundled up in warm clothing as I walked downstairs in silence.

'Delaney, have a great first day on break. I'm working til 6:00, love you. - mom'

I called out Jax's name into the house. After hearing nothing I concluded that I was home alone. I sighed and put my head on my palm. Well this gives me the perfect opportunity of trying to figure out some gift ideas. I thought for about ten minutes but no ideas came to mind. I huffed I guess I'll have to ask personally.I could not be the only one who thought that shopping for men was awfully difficult.  I grabbed my boots, keys, and phone. I scuffed my feet into my boots and quickly ran outside onto the path that I have been using recently to get to the pack house. It was shorter and only took about ten minutes. I looked up as the snow fell from the white abyss of clouds above. When I reached the pack house I walked in quietly, it was early in the morning so I assumed many people would be asleep.

As I predicted there were only a couple of people in the lounge area and kitchen. I went towards Raven's office. It's been awhile since I've been there. I lightly knocked on the door, I heard a grumpy "Come in." Before I walked inside.

Raven glanced up from his computer, "Oh, Delaney." He paused, clearing his throat. "How are you? You okay? Need anything?" He was huddled over his desk, his posture frankly; out the window. He had a slight five-o-clock shadow along with bags beneath his eyes.

I nodded my head, "Im fine, but I was home alone so I didn't know where else to go. But um I was wondering.." I paused. "What do you want for the holidays?"

He raised an eyebrow, "You shouldn't have to worry about me. My gift days are over. I didn't know we were doing gifts either way..." He said emphasizing 'we'

I shrugged and sat down on the chair across from him. "Well, I still wanna get you something. Small or not, Now what's something you'd want?"

"Truly, less work to do. Although I can settle with a coffee mug." He huffed, leaning back in his chair. He ran a hand through his hair and then down his fatigued face.

"A coffee mug?" I said simply.

"Sure, coffee is my key to sanity."

"Out of everything, you want a mug. Welp Alpha you shall get a mug." I laughed.

"Whatever, you don't need to get me anything." He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." I mocked.

He glanced back up at me, something crossed over his eyes before I could decipher. "What about you, what do you want?" He leaned forward, interested in my answer.