Chapter 1|| Y/n's Pov

My heart thumped in my chest. Breath caught in my throat. My chest grew tight, and my knees shook. My body was in a complete state of terror. I was utterly helpless.

"Help me! SOMEONE!"

I screamed, hiding behind the shower curtain. My e/c eyes darted anxiously as the little spider crept towards me. My mother appeared at the door. She sighed, pinching her nose bridge warily.

"It's just an insect, it can't hurt you," she said, eyeing the little black speck. Now it was heading for my towel! I didn't care if it was more scared of me than I was of it; I wanted it out of here, and I wanted it out now.

"Please Mom! Kill it!" I shrieked, shutting the curtain and squeezing my eyes shut. I shuddered in disgust, it was almost as gross as my brother's eating habits.

If there was one thing I couldn't stand, it was bugs. Creepy, spontaneous little creatures that came from nowhere...

With most creatures, I could tell what they were thinking or going to do; I couldn't tell the future, but if I knew their thoughts, it was easy to guess what they were doing next. For example, Mom was about to kill the spider. This child... just where is the newspaper?

I sighed in relief. "Thank you!" Continuing to shampoo my hair, I heard a thwack and a door shut. I don't know what I would do without my parents. Right now, I would probably be strapped to a table being tormented with electric tubes, wires, and all that stuff from sci-fi movies. To be fair, I belonged in one myself: large eyes, dark long hair, psychic abilities, and whatnot.

It was just five months ago that my life had changed. I had always tried to be quiet, invisible, and for the most part, I was good. However, I made a small mistake... I made a friend. Her name was Mikoto Aiura. Blonde hair, tan skin, and an oracle. I'd had thought I could trust her... I couldn't.

She sold her friend out for a shiny penny... I had to change everything; Kaiyato Hinashi was no more. My new name was Y/n, and I was determined to do right this time. No friends. No social life. Nothing extraordinary. I mean, it's not like I like people, but still, that was low of her.

And this is why I transferred to PK academy. A fresh start. I would do it right, this time. Or I would become a lab rat. Either way, life was going to be boring. Oh well.

Is this hoe gonna hurry up?!

I snapped out of my monologue. My little brother was at the door, and with my enhanced hearing, I could hear the urine in his bladder swishing. I slapped a hand to my mouth and laughed. Turning off the shower and wrapping myself up in the spider-less towel, I yelled at him, "I heard that, you assroach!"

I slipped on the new school uniform, surprised that it fit. It was kind of ugly, but the mint green was a nice color. I brushed my bangs out of my face and stared at my image in the mirror. Yeah, no. Even though I could tell what other people thought about me by reading their thoughts, I was still very insecure. From what I've heard, I'm decent looking. Almost every class I've been to had someone in there who had a crush on me. But... I glanced down at my chest and frowned. Not my ideal size...

"Hurry up!" called my father. Walking to the bathroom, I sighed. I was already a week late to school, and I didn't need to be late on my first day. "I'll be there in a second," I communicated, and I heard him yelp. I laughed, nearly dropping my toothbrush as I applied toothpaste. He hated when I did that.

I shook my hair back into my face, hiding the fact that I had no makeup on. Then again, Japanese schools were strict, and you weren't allowed to have makeup. I doubted the girls obeyed it.

. . . . . . . . .

The bell rang. Students took their seats, and yet I was forced to wait. While students stared at me, I absorbed their thoughts: Who is that?