Chapter 33 || Y/n's POV

I tossed and turned in my bed nearly all night. What did Aiura mean that Saiki might be entering a dangerous mission? That he, the all powerful psychic pinkie pie god, needed my help? He was my Yoda, and yet I was no where near yet close to Luke. I still had so much to learn. But.. if he did need help, he'd better speak up. He still owed me coffee jelly and I was not going to forget that. I couldn't let him die on me.

The next morning I walked alongside Yumehara and Aiura. Yumehara had supposedly made a move on Kaidou and was seeking advice and or praise from Aiura.

"You mean... you grabbed his hand?"

"No!!" Yumehara squeaked. "His hand was just on the booth... so I... dropped my hand onto his!"

She hid her blushing face as we marveled at the sheer innocence of her love life. Her pathetic attempt at hiding her excitement only heightened our amusement.

"Haven't you had a boyfriend before?" I inquired, glancing at her over Aiuras massive chest.

"Ughh, don't even bring that up. He was a total loser."

"I'm not sure the same can't be said about Kaidou."

"What?!"

"Shut it, Y/n. You've got the hots for the most average looking antisocial nerd," butted in Aiura, bumping my shoulder. She popped her lips after applying a coat of lipgloss and sent me a suggestive wink. This invoked a gasp in Yumehara.

"You like Saiki?!"

"Shut up. I do not." I gritted my teeth as they continued their chattering. Aiura could not keep her mouth shut for the life of her. Did I really need to teach her another lesson?

"But you would be so cute together!" she encouraged.

"Focus on your own love life, Yumehara."

"Well Saiki sure feels something for you. You can see it in his eyes." Aiura mimicked a love sick boy.

"You literally cannot even see his eyes under his dark glasses."

"But it's true! Have you not seen the way he oggles you in a maid outfit?" Yumehara grabbed my arm.

"Saiki Kusuo... having a maid kink?"

"I could see it," Aiura confirmed, nodding her head. Yumehara hummed an assurance.

"Why don't you ask him for yourself, Y/n? There he is!" Yumehara gave me a shove and i met the back of a pinkette. My heart skipped a beat as I quickly made distance.

Kusuo Saiki turned around with an unusual blank expression.

"Good grief," he said and turned back around and proceeded to walk away. I stood dumbfounded. That was it? A sudden chill wrapped around my body. I glanced at Aiura, who was glaring at him with intensity.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, he seems off today."

"Let's catch up to him and the boys." Yumehara grabbed my hand and pulled me along. She caught up to Kaidou and began excitedly chatting. I fell back to unison with Aiura's steps.

"Something's off," she declared.

"I agree... I felt a weird vibe from him. Like it's only a shell of him."

"He doesn't have a guardian spirit nor animal."

We caught up to them, sneaking suspicious glances at Kusuo. Normally he might've pointed us out or made a rude remark. Instead, with every response if any, he repeated the same phrase: "good grief." Sometimes, even, what a pain."