Chapter 11 || Y/n's POV

The next day at school, I encountered Saiki. I wasn't exactly excited to see him, but he was sort of odd, and it as nice to know I had someone in the whole school that hated people as much as I did. Still, I didn't get a chance to talk to him until lunch.

"Hey," I muttered as he took a seat next to me. He pulled out a bento box consisting of curry rice and beef strips, and marinated vegetables. His was neatly packed, and I found myself frowning at my small portion of fish, plain rice, and cabbage. Who even ate cabbage? Not me, my mom should know that.

"Want to eat outside? It's warm, and beautiful... at least compared to inside." I looked to where he was staring; Nendou was shoving Udon noodles in his face, and some were escaping out his nose. I shuddered. Nodding, I proceeded to follow Saiki.

"Y/n," he said after we had sat down under a lush tree. "What do you know about psychics?"

The fizzy soda I'd just swallowed almost came back up my throat. I choked a bit. Saiki squinted his eyes at me, definitely suspicious.

"Uh, yeah, psychics... um, yeah. Aren't they the ones that can make things float around?" I giggled nervously, trying not to act dumb, but oblivious.

"Don't tell me you're one, Saiki!" I suggested, popping a bite of fish into my mouth. The pink haired boy just stared at me, ignoring his lunch that I would gladly trade for. He seemed to be studying me, but I didn't like the harsh set of eyes on me.

Paranoidly, I wiped my chin. Sure enough there was rice. "Now why would you suggest such a thing?" He asked. I turned away so I could swat at any potential rice grains still on my face.

"You're always studying me, asking me about those weird super powers... you even broke into my home." I turned slowly to face him. Yeah, that was odd. Why had I just let that go?

"Say anything about me being a peeping tom and I'll expose you and your cat noir obsession."

"I'm not obsessed- Look, that's not the point! What were you even doing in there!" I snapped, wiping my face this time to get rid of my pink complexion. Saiki finally started eating his food, though he seemed to be focused on something else.

"Whatever, I don't really care. I'm just curious. Oh yeah, and it wasn't just the hypothetical powers I wanted to ask you about. See, I know you have a link to psychics. Why are you denying it, Kaiyato Hinashi?"

My heart stopped. I knew he knew, but my blood ran cold whenever he used my old name. Was this guy actually a psychic?

"How do you even know.. I mean I don't know what you're talking about. You're insane." I hoped I didn't look too panicked, but I was starting to feel that way.

"Easy, I'm the one asking questions. You aren't the psychic, right? You seem to be getting worked up, but you don't have psychic powers, of course. But your friend did? Mikoto Aiura?"

The pound of rice I'd just shoved into my face suddenly tasted like sand. I forced it down with a gulp of soda, trying to calm the panic in my chest. I decided answering casually was the easiest way to appear innocent in this situation.

"Yeah. She was a con artist. Tried to sell me out: that's the story you're looking for, I'm sure. She had eaten something bad at the festival a week before- that's how she ended up paralyzed. Is that what you wanted to hear? What are you doing digging into my background like this anyways?"

"You don't tell anybody yourself; I was just curious."

I turned to face him. He wiped a drop of sauce from his lips. Saiki kept saying he was curious. Thats how he avoided questions. Smart, I had to admit, but still sketchy.