Chapter 2 || Kusuo's POV

"Please, Ku, just this once," begged my mother, for the 383rd time. Exact, by the way; I was keeping track. She wanted me to fix the hideous picture of my father she'd had knocked over... I was greatful it was broken. Seeing him in real life was already too much for me.

"No," I said. She persisted. My father was on the floor weeping. If he was going to cry about something, you'd think it would be over the fact that he was ugly, not that his "beautiful face was ruined".

"Good grief." I turned the frame's condition back a day, fixing the disgrace of a picture. Mom yipped in joy and I shuddered. "I'm going now." I teleported to the school bathroom to avoid Nendou and Kaidou trailing me on the way to school. 

I walked out and headed to my class. Taking a seat, I let out a breath; the idiots were occupied talking to Hairo. 

She's really cute. I rolled my eyes. I glanced up, expecting Kokomi Teruhashi. That's who they must have been talking about. Instead of seeing a perfect pretty blue-haired girl, I saw a dark haired female at the front. She must have been a new transfer student. Great. Those were never good. First Toritsuka, now this girl...

Suddenly thoughts came swirling towards me. They must have been about her.

She looks like she needs to see a therapist. She did, actually. Her bangs covered her face, and her fists were balled up. I closed my eyes, trying to see why she was so tense. I waited a moment, and then... nothing. My eyes popped open. Why can't I hear her?

There was no way she was that quiet; I could hear any and everything. No human could hide their thoughts unless... My eyes widened.

Had I lost my powers?! 

Did she even brush her hair?? My eyes rested again. No, I still had my powers... but why couldn't I hear hers? I squinted my eyes and looked at her. She tensed and reached a hand to her hair.

It couldn't be...

"I could go for some ramen," said a voice. I looked up to see Nendou digging in his nose. My lips curled in disgust. I followed his eyeline to the girl. She looked repulsed.

"Hey,"  Nendou said. He flung his booger over his shoulder and introduced himself. She looked like she couldn't have cared less. The girl took a step back and muttered a greeting. I rolled my eyes.

"Good grief," I accidentally said out loud. Nendou let out a belch. The girl glanced at me, and we made eye contact. Something seemed different in her eyes, and I heard her heart beat quicken.

She was looking at my hair... My hair is completely normal. Yeah, it's bright pink, but that's a norm these days. remember, mass mind control? But she was looking at me like I was a freak of nature. Of course I was, but how would she know?

She closed her eyes and seemed to concentrate. As people thought how pretty she was, I rolled my eyes. Maybe I couldn't read her thoughts, but she could be of a witch heritage, maybe protected with a spell that protected her thoughts. That was fine. I didn't care about her and didn't need the extra headaches anyways.

I tried to focus on seeing through her- Hey. Not that way- I'm not a creep. I'm not Toritsuka. Just through her skin- into her muscles. That's why I found nobody attractive. Even Kokomi was just a gross sack of meat to me. But when I squinted my eyes and gripped the desk, nothing happened. Maybe if I took off my glasses- No. My hands stopped their destination to my eyes.

She was just a regular girl. I didn't care.. it was just odd, that's all. I guess she was pretty. I could only see through her strands of hair. She looked angry, confused. Was she... She was blushing. Then she glanced up at me again. How did she know-

"Hey!" an enthusiastic voice boomed. Hairo Kineshi made his way up front, his sleeves once again torn to display his always-sweaty muscles. He introduced himself to her, but she did not seem to give a shit. The teacher walked in and made her introduce herself. She hesitated on her name, Y/n. This made me think it wasn't her real name. It frustrated me that I didn't know, I couldn't read her. What she revealed was actually sort of boring, and most people thought so as well. They seemed to forget about her.

Something about Y/n fascinated me. How did everyone lose interest so fast? The teacher allowed her to take a seat near Kaidou Shun, and she kind of rolled her eyes. She quietly thanked her, but I felt sorry for her. Soon she blended in like an average student. She wasn't but I couldn't find out why.

Kaidou went on harassing the poor girl about the Dark Reunion and other middle school fantasies. Y/n seemed to grit her teeth. She could have not cared less.

"I'm good," she muttered. Kaidou went on about his false powers, but she seemed pre-occupied. Her head whipped towards me when I was trying to read her thoughts. My jaw dropped; there was no way she could feel me, could she?

A bead of sweat dripped down my face. I was caught in 4k. I heard a small gasp escape her lips again. What did she notice this time?

She looked away. Kaidou finally got the hint and stopped talking. I rested my chin in my hand and furrowed my eyebrows. There was definitely something strange about her... And yet everyone seemed to ignore her presence now. Was it possible that she had powers? I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate again.

The Dark Reunion must have control of her mind! I heard Kaidou think. I rolled my eyes and tried to shut him out, focusing on hers. I heard nothing... I felt a strong resistance. And then:

Get the hell out of my head!

My eyes widened.

. . . . . . . . . 

A/N: tysm for reading! remember to leave a vote and comments!! I love hearing feedback from you guys, it makes me so happy. Here's your chapter Saiki pic:

 Here's your chapter Saiki pic:

enjoy ur day my lovelies <3