Chapter 12 || Kusuo's POV

I arrived at Cafe mami's early; I reserved seats for 6 people: Teruhashi, Takahashi, me, Toritsuka, Kaidou, and Nendou. The birthday party for Takahashi was coming up, and we were helping out, apparently. I didn't want to, but of course they dragged me into it somehow. It was okay, I guess, because Nendou was paying for the bill, which meant I could get as many sweets as I liked. Somehow the moron had gotten a job and wanted to treat us for our "friendship".

Once again, Takahashi was only thinking about the gifts. The broccoli look-alike's mind was swarming with greedy thoughts the whole time he was there. Occasional Teruhashi fantasies were mixed in as well, but they were also in the rest of the member's minds.

At least I got to see Y/n on the job first hand. I didnt like her or anything, but I was slightly amused to see her in her maid uniform. When she greeted me, she was very formal, but I sensed she was tense. I hoped she didn't think I was judging her, even though I was. Not in a bad way, though.

Her hair was swept up and curled strands framed her face. Her bangs were shiny, perfectly curled and out of her eyes. I could observe her nervous habits which told me she wasn't used to showing so much of her. I'm sure she only agreed because of the employee discounts and decent wage.

I had to admit, the uniform looked good on her. It cuffed at her neck, but still allowed the slim structure to be showed off, displaying her head like a doll. The headband sat in front of her bun: black and white, frilled. Her makeup was natural, but still noticeable enough that made her eyes look bigger and more... cute.

The rest of the dress hugged her waist, but puffed up at the sleeves and hips. It wasn't too fancy or anything, but it was still nice. The apron hung perfectly over her thighs. I wasn't a guy who appreciated fashion, much, but I had to say, the designer of that article of clothing knew what they were doing.

"Do you have a staring problem or something?" demanded Y/n. I was jolted by her sudden hostility.

"Maybe," I replied, leaning forward to stare her in her eyes.

"just follow me," she grumbled. I took a seat where she told me, but since I was so early and most people were just getting off works or school, the cafe was nearly empty. That meant she wasn't busy, so I could pester her all I wanted.

"What are you wearing to the party?"

"I don't know, why?" Y/n was wiping a table.

"I want to know if it will be as shocking of a change as that uniform."

"Shut up before I poison your coffee jelly!"

I smirked. Even if she did, I would know; I'm a psychic. But something told me she was too, and every day I was getting closer and more eager to find out.

"Who are you going with?"

"Who says I'm going?"

"If you're involved in the group, I hate to break it to you, but you're definitely going."

She ignored me, swiping the table a little aggressively. I was about to ask her to go with me when the doors swing open and in arrived the gang. Y/n walked over to greet them.

"Welcome home, masters and mistresses! I will show you your seat. Please take off your shoes and turn your cellular devices off, and follow me!"

She was a natural. I saw Kaidou drooling, cheeks brighter than a tomato. Toritsuka said, "Damn, Y/n, you look great in that dress! Why is your chest covered by those ruffles though?" I smacked him in the head, immediately silencing him.

"Say anything that objectives her, and I will kill you."

He remained silent for the rest of the afternoon. Still, we all payed close attention to our new maid. Even Takahashi had shifted his view from Teruhashi to Y/n, fully entranced. Teruhashi wore a bright smile, seeming like she enjoyed the greeting, but I could hear her thinking, that damn brat. She took away attention from *me*, Kokomi Teruhashi. Not to mention Saiki! He's already here! I was going to walk with him here, but he went without me to see her!