o n e

Drew's eyes flitted side to side. His team mate on the right was open, but he would have to make a three pointer, and he sucked at those, while the team mate on the left could easily drive and make a lay up, but getting the ball to him would be near impossible.

No choice then. He dodged to the left, the player-- Number 11, according to his jersey-- following the motion. Drew grinned, and rolled around him, earning a surprised grunt from 11. Forcing his way through the two players standing in his way, he leapt for the basket, the basketball sailing off his fingertips.

Ooof! Drew felt the air get driven from his body as he smashed into a solid form and went down like the Titanic. The ball bounced lamely beside him, having gotten slapped away from the net at the last second by the giant standing in front of him. Number 13 was massive, at least six inches taller than Drew, who wasn't short per say at 5'9. He had a mean grin and Drew could have sworn he had fangs poking out from beneath his top lip.

The buzzer shrilled, and Drew swore loudly, slamming his fist onto the ground. If he had just made that basket they would have tied and gone into overtime, where he was sure they could have taken back the lead.

13 leaned down and picked him up by the back of his jersey easily, setting him on his feet before he could squirm out of his grasp. "This is why omegas shouldn't play basketball," he said, poking him lightly in the stomach. "Your little frame can't take the stress."

Drew snarled and almost punched the idiot in his stupid face when his best friend, a beta with long black hair and dark grey eyes named Blake set a hand on his shoulder.

"Good game," he said, and pulled Drew away.

"Why didn't you let me hit him? The game was done!" he complained.

"Hitting someone is never a good idea, Drew. Especially when the person is a nasty alpha who could probably kill you by accident. Or on purpose," Blake muttered, shooting a nasty glare over his shoulder at the alpha who was giving his equally obnoxious team hi-fives.

"Alpha this, alpha that. Just because he's an alpha doesn't mean he's any tougher than me!" Drew said, yanking his arm out of Blake's grasp.

Blake gave him a blank stare that clearly said "Are you stupid?"

Drew sighed, "Fine. But I'm putting roaches in their bus."

"Drew."

"Fleas?"

"Drew."

"That's my name!"

"Shut the hell up."

"Fine."

The two joined the line with their other team mates and Drew begrudgingly offered a gruff congratulations to the other team, except for 13 who he would have pushed into a lake if he could have. 

***

"Alphas suck," Drew spat as he ripped his jersey off and tossed it in his bag. Blake had taken forever in the dang shower so getting ready was taking forever.

"Don't let them catch you saying that if you value your ass," came the response.

"I'd like to see them try."

"Was that a challenge?" Drew's only alpha friend Aaron laughed as he changed his pants unashamedly.

Drew threw his balled up shirt at him as he struggled to find his shorts. "Go suck a dick, Aaron."

"Aw, baby, you know I'm only interested in Blake's, sorry." Aaron winked at Blake who flipped him off without even looking. "Love you too, Sweetheart."