e i g h t e e n

"He did what?" Drew turned to the omega who looked genuinely terrified. "Why would you do that?"

The boy looked as offended as possible at that moment, seeming as Blake's hands were still around his neck. "I didn't know he was taken!"

"So you upped and kissed him?" Blake hissed.

"It was a peck on the cheek! A greeting! Not like I had my tongue down his throat or something!" The omega squirmed, his face getting redder and redder.

"Zach? Zach where'd you go?"

"Over here," the boy wheezed.

And of all the people that could have come around the corner, it had to be Kai.

"Zach?" Kai questioned, eyes flitting from his best friend currently being strangled to death, to his boyfriend, to his boyfriend's best friend, and back his best friend, still being strangled.

Kai just looked resigned, "What did you do this time, you idiot?"

"Kissed my boyfriend!" Blake hissed, "So can you leave and let me commit a crime in private?"

Kai shook his head at Zach, "God, you're stupid. Sorry, sorry, Blake, but can you let him go? I kind of like him with his head still on."

Blake considered it for a few seconds until even Drew was mildly concerned that Zach was going to die from asphyxiation before anything got done, but then let him go. "Yeah, fine, but if I catch him near my boyfriend again, I'm stashing the body in your locker."

Zach dropped to the ground, rubbing his throat. "Oh, it's okay, Kai. Just half dead, that's all. No big deal. This is why I shouldn't be unsupervised!"

Kai reached a hand down to pull Zach up. "So I'll just never go to the bathroom ever again?"

Drew watched their interaction, frowning a bit. They'd been dating for a grand total of what, a few hours? and Kai was already ignoring him for some other boy. But he was probably reading too much into it.

Zach grabbed his hand and Kai heaved him up. Zach then threw his arms around Kai's neck. "I knew you loved me!"

Drew's eye twitched.

"Right," Kai said, removing his arms from his neck. "Now are you gonna stay out of trouble or am I gonna have to tie you to a fence whenever I have to do something?"

"I don't know," Zach fluttered his eyelashes over exaggeratedly, "you might have to tie me up or I'll get into all kinds of trouble."

Kai flushed pink and Drew gagged. You can't be serious.

"Um," Kai stuttered.

Zach looked surprised. "What? No flirty come back? Are we not doing the flirting thing anymore?"

"The what?" Drew hissed.

"Not-not what you think!" Kai hurriedly said, waving his hands.

Zach seemed to finally notice Drew, turning and sizing him up. "Wait, who are you?"

"I'm his boyfriend, who the fuck are you?" Drew challenged, instantly bristling at Zach's condescending tone.

Kai shoved Zach and hissed in his ear, "What the hell are you doing? You know exactly who he is; stop being a dick!"

Zach just winked at Kai-- the horrible trust-me-I-know-what-I'm-doing look that he only got when he had absolutely no clue what he was doing.

"Anyways, I'm probably damaged severely thanks to Yikesville over there, so babe, you should help me to the nurse," Zach said, dramatically clutching onto Kai's arm.