t w e n t y f i v e

"Hey, is it hot in here?" Drew fanned his face. His cheeks were red and the glint of sweat was on his skin.

Blake paused a minute. "No," he said, shoving his math book into his locker. He hadn't taken off his ring since Aaron's party three weeks ago.

"Are you sure?" Drew said. He slipped his jacket off and tossed it into Blake's locker, who gave him a look.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" Blake finished putting his books away, turned, grabbed Drew's face and pressed his lips to his forehead, checking his temperature. "Yeah, you are hot."

Drew wiggled his eyebrows weakly, "Oh ho ho, how scandalous."

Blake scoffed and shoved him. "You're unbelievable. Do you want to go home?"

Drew shook his head, "No, I feel fine; it's just really hot in here."

Blake shrugged, "Okay. If you say so. You can leave your jacket in my locker, seeming as your ass is way too lazy to go to your own damn locker."

"Why do you cuss so much?" Drew asked suddenly as he picked up his backpack.

Blake looked surprised. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason. Just noticed you're really fond of swearing, no matter what mood you're in."

"Hmm, I guess it just helps get my point across. Telling someone to go away isn't nearly as powerful as telling them to fuck off."

Drew nodded, "Oh, okay."

"Are you sure you're okay? Maybe you should see the nurse."

Drew waved him off, "No way, the nurse is creepy."

"She is not! She's a very nice lady," Blake defended.

"Yep, sure." Drew tossed his backpack over his shoulder. "See you."

"Maybe I'll walk you to your next class. Don't want you passing out in the hallways and shit."

"Dude, it's literally right there, I'll be fine."

"Humph. Okay. See you at lunch."

"See you." Drew gave Blake a one armed hug and waved him off.

***

It only got hotter as the day went on. By Science class, Drew was practically roasting in his own skin. Blake had been trying to get him to go to the nurse, but Drew refused every time. "I'm fine," he always said.

Until History class.

Drew walked into the classroom with Blake right him. Aaron, who was sitting with his guy friends laughing, turned around and his head shot up. He took one look at Drew and his eyes blew open.

He flew out of his chair, grabbed Drew by the arm and dragged the protesting omega back out of the classroom.

"Dude!" Drew said, "What the hell was that for?"

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you at home? You need to go home right now."

"The fuck I will! Don't tell me what to do, Aaron!"

Aaron shook his head, "Get out of here, Drew."

"And why would I do that?" Drew challenged, putting his hands on his hips and squaring his shoulders.

"Are you stupid?" Aaron said uncharacteristically harshly, "You're going into heat! Everyone can smell it!"

Drew's eyes widened. "Shit! Why didn't Blake tell me?"

"You really didn't pay attention in class, did you, Dude? He's a beta, he can't smell heat."

"But I'm not due for another three weeks," Drew whispered.

Aaron shrugged as he pushed Drew towards the exit. "I don't know. Just go. I'll tell the teacher and Blake, who's probably freaking out."

"Okay, okay, I'm going. See you next week," Drew said.

Suddenly Aaron swore. Drew turned around.

Kai was walking down the hall, chatting to Zachary who was talking enthusiastically with his hands flying everywhere as he tried to explain something.

Kai paused in the middle of a sentence, and he seemed to sniff the air before he saw Drew. His pupils had blown wide open and he growled possessively.

Zachary looked surprised before he saw Drew and he, too, cursed. "Okay, hi there Kai. Pay attention to me, bud. Definitely don't want to fuck your boyfriend in the hallway. The boyfriend WHO IS CURRENTLY LEAVING RIGHT NOW!" He stood in front of Kai, hands on his chest as he tried to distract him.

Meanwhile, Aaron was having a hard enough time trying to keep Drew from running straight to Kai. He had his arms wrapped around the struggling omega. "Shit! BLAKE. BLAKE!"

Blake came running out of the classroom. His eyes shot open. "What the fuck?!"

"Help me!" Aaron said frustratedly. "He's much stronger than he looks!"

Blake grabbed Drew, but Drew used the temporary distraction to slip out of Aaron's grip like a slippery fish.

Kai met him half way, having dodged around Zachary. He swept up the omega and crushed his lips to Drew's who eagerly responded. Not caring that they had an audience, Drew moaned into the kiss, saliva spilling down his chin. Kai laced his finger through his hair and tugged lightly, pulling his head back as he attacked his neck with bites and kisses. Drew pulled himself as close to Kai as possible, moaning at every touch.

Aaron and Blake stood helplessly; as far as they were concerned they had lost.

Not so with Zachary. He cupped his hands around his mouth. "HEY KAI!" He yelled, "DO YOU THINK HE'S READY FOR THIS?"

Kai gasped and pulled away from Drew who let out a needy whine and tried to kiss him again, but Kai lightly held him away. "We can't," he said sadly.

"Why?" Drew whimpered. "Fuck me!" He placed a sloppy kiss on Kai's lips.

Kai looked like there was nothing he'd rather do, but forced himself to hand Drew over to Blake.

"Thanks," Blake said, "Thank you." The gratitude in his eyes made Kai feel ashamed of his moment of weakness. How could he have lost control like that?

Drew struggled against Blake, tears filling his eyes. "Let me go!"

Kai let Zachary drag him away, trying to not hear Drew's tortured cries.

Once he was well away, he lashed out, leaving a giant hole in a locker.

Zachary stood a little way's away, sadly watching as his friend sat down on the floor and put his head in his hands. "I almost did it, Zach," he said after a minute. "I saw him, and he smelled so good, and I lost it. I almost took him in the damn hallway."

Zachary patted his shoulder. "It's okay. You stopped, and that's all that matters."

"I almost didn't, though. If you hadn't said something... I wouldn't have stopped."

"But you didn't. Just remember that. And anyways, look on the bright side: it means he wants you!" Zachary said brightly.

Kai glowered at him. "Little too much I think." He shot up. "Wait! What about Aaron?"

Zachary rolled his eyes. "Don't worry about him. He's promised to someone. He's not even affected by his scent. The rest of the school though... Drew, the tough little spitfire who acts more like an alpha than an omega, all needy and seductive...."

Kai shot to his feet. "I'll kill anyone who touches him!"

Zachary hugged his arm, "Hold up! I was joking!"

Kai relaxed slightly.

"Maybe," Zachary added. "Hey wait! Kai, wait a second! Come back!"