11. Dad

For some reason all throughout the last class my stomach would not leave me alone. That annoying fluttering just wouldn't stop.

And now, as I'm standing at the school yard, waiting for Aron to show up, my heart is beating out of my chest. And I'm terrified that he might not show up. How pathetic is that?

I stare out at the parking lot. I specifically watch Aron's red car. It's still here so he hasn't bailed on me yet..

"Yo." Aron's voice comes from behind me.

I turn around and there he is. Looking dashing as ever.

"Come on, we'll take my car." Aron grabs my hand and pulls me with him.

"And what about my car? I'm supposed to just leave it here?"

"I'll take you back here later." He opens the passenger door of his car for me.

Why does this feel so degrading? Like I'm really his princess and he's my prince or whatever.. now he wants me to step inside his carriage or some shit.

"I'll take my own car." I turn around.

"You're just trying to be annoying aren't you?" Aron grabs my arm.

"Get inside, please?"

"Why do you always want to be in control?" I turn around and look into his dazzling eyes. My breath gets caught in my throat for a moment.

"I don't." He says calmly.

"You do! You always want to drive me around, cook for me. I'm sure there's a disorder for that." I tease.

"Please, if I had to get into the list of disorders you have lined up, we wouldn't be done any time soon." He jokes.

I look down at the ground.

He's right, there. I'm the definition of broken.

"Just get inside, please?"

***

It's been quiet for the entire car ride now. We're almost at his house.

"I was just kidding, you know?" Aron says.

"I know." I fiddle with my fingers.

I wish I could stop being so fucking overly sensitive. At this point it's getting embarrassing. I usually know how to cover it up.. like with anger or something but I just can't pretend around him.

Aron stops the car when we've reached his bougie apartment building.

I get out and I instantly feel dizzy. I steady myself at his car for a moment.

"You okay?" Aron asks.

"Yeah, fine." I say even though my head's still spinning.

As we cross the big parking lot to the front door I feel myself get more and more light headed. I don't let it show, though. I'm so tired of Aron worrying about me.

He unlocks the door and we make our way into the hallway.

I look up at the endless staircase.

With the way that I'm feeling right now, I really don't think it's a good idea for me to take the stairs.

"Let's take the elevator." I say.

"Why? Can't handle minimal physical activity?" Aron teases.

This guy..!

"Please," I brush past him and put one foot on the stairs. I stand there for a moment, trying to steady myself while my head spins. 

Suddenly everything goes black.