Chapter ninety two - Happily Ever After (part two)

Tony and Pepper had offered to house as many people as they could overnight, but that still meant that mostly everyone had to get cabs home or to hotels. The music was quiet now; hardly anyone was left sat under the marquee and a few people were gathered around the bonfire, sat on chairs or logs.

Although it was your wedding day, you felt as though you and Loki had both spent more time with other people than together. You were together now, on the empty dancefloor, less dancing and more just holding each other whilst gently swaying side to side.

Happy?

So happy.

Good. Today wasn't as awful as you'd imagined, was it.

Loki squeezed your waist in indignation.

I never thought it would be awful. I'm just not used to being...

Centre of attention?

I hardly was today. Everyone was watching you.

Not me.

Everyone apart from you was watching you.

You smiled, closing your eyes, utterly content.

Thor's asleep.

You opened your eyes and turned your head to see Thor, who was indeed fast asleep in a chair. You smiled.

He's getting better.

I know. He hardly drank today.

He doesn't want to go back to Norway. He doesn't know what he's going to do next.

He's not the only one.

You'd both been determinedly ignoring the subject of what happened next.

We should probably think about what we're going to do next.

Not tonight.

Okay.

You didn't want to worry about anything tonight. You'd spent too long worrying. At least you didn't have to do it alone anymore. Loki pulled you closer.

After a while you went to wake Thor up, who hugged you both and then retreated into the cabin for the night. Then you and Loki went over to the bonfire where Tony, Pepper, Steve, Bruce and Nat were sat, barely awake.

It was another hour of chatting and laughing before you decided to call it a night.

Let's stay out for a bit.

Okay.

You hugged everyone before they went inside, especially Tony and Pepper. They had made today an absolute dream.

"You not coming in kid?"

"We're going to stay out for a bit." you told Tony with a tired smile. He nodded.

"Alright. See you in the morning."

You and Loki walked over to the lake and sat down next to the water. It was a clear night, like the day had been, and the moonlight was illuminating everything really quite brightly, glinting off the water in front of you prettily.

The sky was devoid of light pollution and the stars above you were out in force, shining brightly.

Loki took his jacket off and offered it to you before rolling his shirt sleeves up. It wasn't warm, but it wasn't too cold either. Just cold enough for you to wrap Loki's jacket around your shoulders.