Chapter 2 ~ Sisters of Evil

The next day there was a meeting in front of Uther.

"We've had reports mercenaries are streaming into Cenred's kingdom," Arthur says.

"Do we know why?" Uther asks

"There is rumour that Cenred is amassing an army. I think we should send a patrol out to assess the situation ." Arthur says 

Uther's face dropped he was staring at something.

"Father?" Arthur asks.

Uther sinks back into his chair, we all look to where he was staring. There was nothing there. We all look back at Uther, he shudders.

He sucks in a breath and stands. "Leave me alone." 

He was staring at the same spot. He points to the same spot. 

Everyone looks at the spot again and looks back at him.

Uther was still pointing at it "Get out of here,"

Arthur steps to Uther, "Father, we..."

Uther tries to push past him "I said get out!" 

He walks around Arthur "Get out!" He rushes toward the spot he was looking. "I'll have you hanged!"

Arthur and Leon walk forward and pull Uther away.  

"You'll hang, you-- You!" Uther shouts as he was dragged away. "You-- No!" 

Gaius quickly follows Arthur and Leon away.

A little later we were talking to Gaius.

"There must be some explanation," Merlin says.

"During the great purge, Uther drowned a many he suspected of sorcery," Gaius says "And some, God help them, were children killed for the magic they were born with. Maybe his conscience is playing tricks with him. Whatever it is, we can no longer hide this. A king's hold on his people is a very fragile thing, Merlin, Liv. If they start to lose faith in him, I fear for Camelot."

Suddenly the warning bells went off a knight led us to a barely alive guard that was stabbed.

"Take this man to my chambers. I need to speak to Arthur. It's a matter of urgency." Gaius says.

We get to a meeting with Arthur, he was in the front.

"The sentry must've been attacked at some point during the night," Gaius says to Arthur.

"Who could have done this?" I ask.

Gaius takes out the knife the guard was stabbed with and holds it to Arthur, "That is a sigil of the Blood God."

Arthur grabs it "The Blood God?"

"Warrior-priests sworn to protect the high priestesses of the old religion," I say 

"But surely they were wiped out during the great purge," Arthur says.

"Not all of them." Gaius states.

"So you believe there's a traitor in Camelot?"  Arthur asks.

"It is possible, Sire," Gaius replies. "The sentry will be able to tell us soon enough." 

"He's still alive?" Arthur asks.

"Indeed," Gaius replies.

We walk back to Gaius's chambers,  Merlin walks to the sentry.

"Gaius, Olivia," Merlin says

Merlin was staring at the sentry, Gaius and I walk over to him. The sentry looked pretty dead. Gaius walks to him and feels for his pulse. He sighs.