Chapter 21 ~ Kidnapped

It was late at night. I was walking down the passage and see Gwen's cloak on the bench outside Morgana's room. I sigh and pick it up; she's probably going to be missing it. I walk down toward her house. I knock on her door; she opens it.

"Hey Liv, is there something wrong?" Gwen asks.

"No, you forgot your cloak,"  I hold it up for her.

"Thanks," She smiles. 

I hear a noise come from inside her house. Gwen looks back the looks at me. I push past her and walk into her house. A man emerges from behind a curtain. Gwen gasps and backs up. I back away slowly. Gwen grabs a metal stick thing and passes it to me; I grab it from her and hold it at the man. Suddenly I hear a muffled scream. I turn around and see another man holding Gwen with a piece of cloth over her face. Turning around was a big mistake because the man behind grabs me and puts a cloth over my face. As soon as I feel the cloth over my face, I drop the metal stick; I hear Gwen scream, then the smell from the cloth knocks me out, and that was it.

~Merlin's pov~

I walk into Arthur's room and open the curtains. 

"Rise and shine," I say.

Arthur groans, "Can't you think of anything new to say?"

I open the window and look at him. "What?"

"Every morning, it is the same thing," Arthur says.

I turn away from the window 

"Oh, I'm sorry. How about... Shake a leg?"

Arthur lifts his head and looks at me.

"Up and at 'em."

Arthur raises his eyebrows.

"Let's have you, lazy daisy," I say. "No, you don't like any of them, do you?" 

Arthur shakes his head.

"Okay, I'm just gonna go before you decide to do something which..." 

Arthur throws a glass at me. I duck and smile at him, then walk out the door.

A little later, I was serving breakfast to Uther and Arthur. Morgana walks in, and she was extra snappy this morning.

"Anything the matter?" Uther asks.

"It's Gwen and Olivia..."  Morgana says. "She didn't turn up for work this morning."

"What does that have to do with Olivia?" Arthur asks.

"I saw her go down to Gwen's house," Morgana says. "I don't remember seeing her come back unless she came back while I was asleep."

Morgana was right. I haven't seen Olivia today.

"Well, that's not like them anyway," Arthur says.

"I know it's strange. I hope nothing's wrong," Morgana says.

"You needn't worry, Morgana. After all, if your maid or maids can no longer be relied upon, we can easily replace them," Uther says.

"I'm sure they'll turn up soon enough," Arthur says.

Morgana smiles, "I'm sure."

When they finish eating, Arthur quickly walks out, and I follow him.

"Have you seen Olivia today?" Arthur asks.

"No, not since last night," I reply.

"Go to Gwen's house, see if they're there," Arthur says. "And Merlin, as quick as you can."