Chapter 18 ~ Changeling

There was a big feast held with everyone

There was a big feast held with everyone. Merlin, Gwen and I were standing next to each other behind Arthur, Morgana and Elena. Arthur pulls his chair back so Elena can get in; she sits down between Morgana and Arthur. He sits down once Elena was seated. I move forward, so I was standing behind Elena and Arthur's chairs. Elena starts hiccuping.

"Oh, dear. I seem to have, um, drunk a little too much..." She hiccups. "Of what is in that glass." She hiccups and grabs the glass, "What... what is in that glass... Glass?" She hiccups again.

Arthur looks at me with desperate eyes; I put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze it. I let go and step back to Merlin.

The next day Merlin and I were out collecting herbs for Gaius. I look up and see Elena's maid.

"Merlin," I nod toward Grunhilda.

Merlin looks where I nodded. He looks at me and starts following her. She stops by a river and sits down. Merlin and I stand by a tree; I hear a noise and a flash of something long, then nothing. I focus and nod my head at her; time slows down; it slowed for Merlin too. I watch Grunhilda. She does it again, but this time, I could see what it was; it was a long purple tongue. It flicked out of her mouth, caught a mouth and shot back in. Merlin and I drop the bag of herbs we were carrying and run back to Camelot.

"I've seen some strange tongues in my time. Maybe she was suffering from and infection," Gaius says. "Was it discoloured?" 

"Yes," Merlin and I reply.

"Brown?" Gaius asks.

"Purple," I reply

"And long, Like..." Merlin grabs a pole... "This long."

"That's not an infection," Gaius says.

"No, hey," I say.

"It's magic," Merlin says. "Some sort of magic creature. Has infiltrated Lord Godwyn's household. The question is, why?"

"I don't know," Gaius says. "But I have a feeling we should probably find out."

Gaius left Grunhilda's room. Merlin and I waited in Gaius's chambers.

A while later, he comes back and explains what he found.

"Pixie dust?" Merlin asks.

Merlin sits next to me on the table.

"There's no mistaking it. Grunhilda is a pixie," Gaius says. "It would explain a thing or two. Pixies have one weakness, which is for... the more distinguished gentleman."

I look at Merlin, "I'm not the only one confused, right?" 

Merlin nods at me, then looks at Gaius, "What are you trying to say?"

"Grunhilda has shown a certain interest toward me," Gaius says.

"She likes you?" Merlin asks.

Gaius nods.