Epilogue

5 MONTHS LATER

Daily Express

Niall Horan diagnosed with prostate cancer

One Direction star remains positive about battle ahead…

The Sunday Mirror

Niall and Liam present Award for best Newcomer… One Direction couple put on brave united front at Brits despite Niall’s current battle with cancer

~*~

8 months later…

Heat Magazine

Poor Niall looks so frail meeting with fans at book launch. The star sports a green beanie to hide the loss of his hair from the chemotherapy. He remains positive and cheerful though, laughing and joking with his band mates and the fans.

~*~

9 years later…

“Hi Uncle Louis.”

“Hi Jamie, how you doing?” Louis greeted as he stepped into the impeccably tidy Horan-Payne living room. It wouldn’t stay like that for long, not with everyone coming over… he had no idea why Liam bothered tidying up.

“Fine,” the 10 year-old replied with a shy smile, looking up from his homework. He was so like Liam in manner – quiet, studious well behaved and smart. But he was the spitting image of Niall in looks, right down to the shining grey-blue eyes. It both pleased and saddened Louis a little – more for Liam’s sake than his own.

“Daddy! Put me down!” Beth whined, wriggling in attempt to get free. Rolling his eyes, Louis put his daughter down and watched her scamper off in search of Bieber – Liam and Jamie’s red setter. It was a daft thing; friendly and energetic but you could tell there was nothing going on between it’s ears. Beth was mad on it though. The precocious four year old was into anything that meant she could run around and get herself into mischief – and blame it on something else. Louis swore she got it from Harry while Harry said it was all Louis. Liam claimed that it was impossible to tell and that they deserved every moment of her madness for everything they’d done as teenagers. Louis didn’t mind so long as she didn’t inherit Harry’s love for being naked. Although, there had been some worrying signs recently – particularly with her swimming costume with which she stubbornly refused to wear the top of the tankini. Her argument was, ‘You and Daddy don’t wear tops so why should I?’ Louis had yet to come up with a G rated answer.

“Is Dana here?” Jamie asked curiously and Louis could tell the youngster was trying hard to act casual.

“Yeah,” he smiled, “she’s just helping Harry with Ryan. She’ll be in, in a minute Is Liam in the music room?”

Jamie nodded.

Liam was strumming absently on his guitar when Louis pushed the door open.

“Hi,” he said quietly.

“Hi,” Liam replied, finishing his chord before putting the guitar to the side.

Louis walked in and took a seat on the piano stool, “So did you manage to go down today?”