CHAPTER 50

Christopher

After Nicole left, I had to bandage my shoulder all by myself. Though it was difficult, I managed to do it. It's still aching like a bitch, but I am not incognizant about the fact that I have more serious issues than this in my head to take care of. Resting my head on the pillow, I stare at the ceiling, thinking about everything that has happened. I am not gonna leave Richard for what he has done. What the fuck was going through his mind while he thought of sending his men to attack us. Has he fucking lost it? Anything could have happened at that time. Nicole could have got hurt. Fuck! This has to fucking end now. I am going to talk to him about this. I have already informed Max about it. He said that he is ready to offer any kind of help if I need it.

I turn around, feeling uneasy lying alone on this bed. It feels so empty without Nicole. I wish we didn't have had this argument so I could have slept holding her in my arms. But we had to do it anyway because it was necessary. Besides, she needs her space too. I can't suffocate her by always being around.

Before I could blink, I realize it's morning. I get out of the bed and head to the shower. I hope it would be a new day for me and Nicole. With much struggle, I get my shower done without getting my shoulder hurt. I dress into my usual sweatpants and head downstairs. It looks like Nicole would be still asleep, as last night seemed to be totally exhausting for her.

As I am thinking about making breakfast when I am about to step into the kitchen, I see Nicole already in there. I stop mid-track and look at her. She is wearing a silk camisole along with matching shorts. She has her hair loose, flowing beautifully over her back. My eyes then register what she is doing as she walks towards the dining table. I notice that a carton box is sitting on the table as Nicole looks into it. I don't know what's there inside, but from here it appears like she is too engrossed staring into it that she doesn't seem to catch me looking at her. After checking it, she turns around and makes her way back to the island. And I quickly take the opportunity to sneak in. I settle on a chair and instantly peek into the box and find the little pup sleeping in it with a blanket beneath. He looks to be in better shape than yesterday when we found him. I think Nicole bathed him.

I shift my eyes from the box to Nicole and watch her. She pulls her hair together and hoists it high to make a bun. As she does that, I get to have a glance at her inviting neck. Fuck! I control myself from doing anything stupid as I get this sudden urge to kiss her there. My eyes then slowly survey her body and finally drop down to her perfectly round ass. It definitely looks good through those shorts, but I would like it more without them. I don't know why, but every time I see Nicole, I could practically scan her body through her dress. I wish I could bend her fucking right now and take her from behind. What? You can't blame me. I am a 28-year-old man and sex is pretty much always on my head. As I am still lost checking her out, Nicole turns, and a surprised squeal escapes her mouth. I shift in my seat, trying to act normal and clear my throat.

I notice her body turning rigid for a moment as she looks at me. I guess she is thinking about the conversation that we had yesterday.

She looks at me and then asks. "How long have you been sitting here?"

I cough a bit and answer. "I came in just now. Good morning." I greet her with a smile. I don't know why, but this feels awkward. I really don't want us to communicate like strangers after the talk we had last night, but from the way Nicole responded, it seems like our conversation is going to be absolutely weird.

She scans my face for a minute and says. "Morning." She then puts a stray strand behind her ear and asks. "Coffee?"

I smile, letting my shoulders relax, and nod at her. Thank fuck! I guess it's not going to be as weird as I thought it to be. She fills in a cup of coffee from the machine and then hands it to me. I grin at her as I take it. She then moves to the side and looks into the cardboard again. I watch her pat the little pup lovingly and see the little dog instantly wagging his tail in response to her. As I am staring at her, she turns towards me and gazes anxiously at me.