CHAPTER 21

Above is the picture of Nicole's dress. XD

I close my eyes and fall back on the bed. My heart is beating so fast that I fear it might probably jump out of my chest. I guess I am pretty much fucked up. I couldn't get my mind off of whatever happened between me and Christopher. Fuck! What the hell was I thinking? How could I let him do that to me? How could I let him touch me like that? For fuck sake! Who are you kidding Nicole? He was not just touching you; he was kissing the hell out of you. I mentally curse myself for losing shit at the moment.

After screaming at Christopher like a madwoman, I came straight to Emily's apartment. As much as I try to deny it but I can't, I have to admit that it felt so fucking hot. My eyes involuntarily close and I start picturing his lips back on my skin, exploring forbidden areas. The thought of feeling his lips all over my body instantly invades my mind, making me lock my thighs tightly. Shit! What am I thinking? I snap my eyes open and surprisingly see Emily staring right at me.

"Nikki, what happened? You don't look well." She says, furrowing her eyebrows with concern.

I sit up on the bed, a little baffled and say. "I... I am fine, Emily. Just a bit tired."

She looks at me, and then her eyes fall on my neck. Why is she looking at me like that?

"What happened to your neck?" She questions, eyeing my neck. I immediately realize something. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I hurry towards the mirror and look at myself. I see that my neck has slightly reddened as an outcome of Christopher's action. Fuck him! I sigh in relief when I realize it isn't as bad as I expected. Thank goodness that bastard didn't give me a hickey, otherwise I would have definitely killed him. I turn around and see Emily standing behind me, looking at me with a doubtful expression.

I let out an awkward laugh and immediately try to cover up. "Oh, it's nothing. Just a skin allergy, I guess. You know sensitive skin problems."

"Are you sure?" She arches an eyebrow at me suspiciously.

"Yeah, Emily, you don't have to worry." I walk past her so that she couldn't get a closer look at my neck.

"You need ointment or something to apply to it?" She asks me.

"No need for that. It isn't that bad. I'll cover it up with the concealer." I tell her coolly.

"You sure it wouldn't cause some kind of reaction?" She gives me a weird expression, saying that.

"Emily, stop worrying about it. I am okay and don't you have to pick a dress for me." I sigh in exasperation, trying to divert her from the matter. Then I look at the clock and say. "We don't have much time."

"Oh, right." She says and then walks towards the bags resting on the bed. I take a deep breath. Fuck, that was so close. I am glad that I was successful in distracting her, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to dodge her questions anymore. I don't know how far I could hide things from her.

Without wasting a second, Emily starts shuffling through the bags. And I again relax on the bed. I assume she would settle with a decent dress. Emily said that Sam would be coming here to pick us. I hope he is doing well, I don't want things to become awkward between us after what happened earlier. I just feel bad about how everything turned out. Sam is a really sweet guy, and I don't want to lose him as a friend. While I am still thinking about Sam, I hear a loud squeal. I look at Emily and see her jumping happily. So that was her?

She turns towards me and screams. "Damn! How did I forget this dress? Nikki, you are surely gonna wear this." She pulls out the dress from the bag about which she is talking.