Chapter 2- The lecture

I can't believe this was happening. This was actually happening. We were moving. Moving away from friends, family, neighbors, practically life itself. We were moving from my hometown. This is where I grew up and now I have to let this all go.

"Amoura, please help your father load the truck with those chairs."

"Do I have a choice?" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Amoura!" Mother snapped, "You will stop disrespecting me and change your tone before I take your phone away!"

"Here," I walked over and handed her my phone, "It's not like I talk to anyone anyways, so your threats are quite irrelevant to me," I shot back.

"Go to your room, now!" Mother screamed so loud that the neighbors even walked out of the house to see what all the chaos and commotion was.

"Gladly," I said smiling.

I went into the living room, hopped on the couch near the window, and listened to their conversation.

"She is out of control, Ben!" Moms face was red and I've never seen her this angry before.

"Calm down, June. She's a teen, that's what teens do," Dad began stroking moms arms so that she could calm down.

"No, Ben. Ever since she's lost weight she's been a complete brat. Where did our old Amoura go? She was so sweet and innocent. Now? She's obnoxious, disrespectful and dishonest! Her being a teen has absolutely nothing to do with her present behavior. What's even worse is that she's going to be attending a school full of disrespectful children and she's going to turn out-"

I left before she could finish her sentence. I ran upstairs into my room, grabbed the diary from my drawer and began writing in it.

Monday, August 1st, 2011. 3:44 Pm
Why is my mom such a bitch?! What does she mean now that I've lost weight I'm out of control?! She started this whole incident. We never get along, we're the total opposite. She comes into my room and invades my privacy. Then she threatens to take my phone away from me and when I hand it to her without any questions asked, she still gets upset! She is crazy. Everything is always my fault and when she's wrong, I still get yelled at. I think I'm adopted, she probably adopted me as a child and-

Before I could finish, I heard knocking.
"Amoura, sweety. I need to talk to you," My dads voice was very deep and it created a vibrating sensation throughout my bedroom walls.

"Um... Just a second, dad!" I immediately closed my diary and shoved it under my bed so that my father wouldn't notice it or find it. After I hid it, I ran to the door and opened it.
"Sit down please, we need to have a little chat about you and your mothers conflicts."

Great, now my dad is siding with my mother and now I'll be getting a long lecture.

"Listen, you and your mother need to find some type of way to talk things out. You've been quite disrespectful to her these last few weeks of summer break."

"But-"

"No but's Amoura. If this continues to happen you'll be getting homeschooled and guess who'll be your teacher?"

"Who?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Your mother, now I behoove you to Start respecting your mother because you never know when her time will be up. I lost my mother at the age of 12 to a heart attack. I remember the day that the incident happened as if it were yesterday. I was having a great day. Mom fixed me toast, bacon, and eggs and gave me a kiss goodbye, and that was the last time I saw her."

Dads dark blue eyes began turning lighter and I could feel the pain he felt.

"How- How did you find out she...passed?"

"I was walking home from school and I went into the house, Uncle Sam was crying and Aunt Barbara, was hugging him so tightly. She told me to sit down and she had bad news to tell me. She told me that my mom had passed away from a heart attack. I started crying and I couldn't stop. I stopped eating, I stopped going to school. I separated myself from the crowd and was in a stage of depression... Anyways Amoura, my point is, you should always respect your mother no matter what, because when she passes away you'll regret everything you've done to her. Now get dressed and go to the truck. We're leaving," and with that, he got up and lightly closed my door.

HOPE YOU GUYS R ENJOYING MY BOOK. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME. HELP ME GET NOTICED! THANKS SO MUCH 4 ALL UR SUPPORT! MEANS A LOT! XOXO!!