Chapter 3- Beverly Hills

Beverly hills was more beautiful than I thought. There were so many hot guys and beautiful girls there.
They had the absolute most perfect skin. They looked like those typical Californians that people from other states would describe. The ones with blonde hair, blue eyes, tan beautiful skin.
This was going to be the best freshman year ever. I saw so many stores full of cute outfits while we were driving and I finally decided to interrupt the quietness and ask mom if we can go shopping.

"Mom, can we go shopping?" I asked politely.

"With the way you've acted towards me? Heck to the no," she snapped.

I was about to scream at her but dad turned around and looked at me giving me the 'This is your chance' look.

"Look mom, I'm sorry for being disrespectful towards you. I shouldn't of been so disrespectful to you. I'll change my ways, I promise." I said using my most mature voice.

My mom was quiet for a full minute before breathing heavily and saying, " I'm glad you've finally realized you were wrong and I thank you for apologizing, but we still aren't going to go shopping. You can't possibly think that you apologizing will make me take you out, right? You've done this before and I know your tricks. I do forgive you though."

"Whatever," I said underneath my breath.

"You see?! No matter how many times you apologize you still go back to old freaking-"

Dad hit the arm rest on his seat extremely hard and said, "Enough you two! June! You're the adult here! Act like one! Amoura, stop having a response to everything your mother says! I'm tired of hearing you two bicker 24/7! Stop being immature and act your age, I don't want to hear another word coming out of either you two's mouth, got it?!"

I've never seen dad so angry before, I decided not to fight back with him because he was the only real friend I had in this house who actually listened to me.

The car ride to grandmas house was so silent it felt like I was in a funeral except without all the crying.

We finally arrived to grandmas mansion and grandma was waiting outside with cookies and hot chocolate. I loved grandma. She was one of those sweet grandma's you'd see in cartoons but never actually had in real life.

I ran out the car and hugged grandma Betty tightly.

"Woah there, look at you Ms.Amoura! You've lost quite a lot of weight and you officially look sexy!" Grandma Betty said with a wide grin on her face.

"Thanks, grandma," I said feeling my face turn super red.

"I have your room ready by the way," Grandma B whispered, "I bought you a stack of clothes that will fit you perfectly. Before you check your room out, go into the kitchen, I have a little gift for you. Just make sure not to show or tell your parents about it. They'll totally freak!"

"Thanks, Grandma! I won't, I promise! I love you!"

"Love you too, sweety."
I gave grandma one last hug and a peck on the cheek.

"How's my daughter and her sex bot doing?"

I left quickly before I could hear what mom said to grandmas sexual response.

Grandmas house was HUGE. It was 7x bigger than our old house. I couldn't help but think of all the friends I left behind.
I remembered grandma telling me she had a present for me in the kitchen so I hurried into the kitchen. The kitchen was bigger than I expected and more beautiful than I imagined.
Their was a gold chandelier hanging up on the ceiling. The walls were painted gold, everything was practically gold. The seats were gold, the refrigerator was gold. The table was gold. Everything was gold.

I saw an envelope on the table that read, For: Amoura
From: Grandma Betty.

There was a letter in there that read,
Dear my lovely granddaughter. I'm sorry I missed your 14th birthday. I'm so proud to know that you've lost a big amount of weight. (Your mom told me) You're by far my favorite grandchild of all time. I love you so much.
Love, Grandma B.

There was a separate envelope that said
For: Amoura
From: Grandma B.

I opened the other envelope and a stack of 10 $100 dollar bills fell out. Did grandma really just give me $1,000!? This has to be some mistake! Maybe it's for mom or dad.
Then I remembered her exact words, 'Don't tell your mother or father what I gave you.'

I did a mini dance since I was so happy and ran upstairs to find my room.
There were about 10 rooms and 7 bathrooms upstairs, but I finally found my room because there was a door that had my name engraved on it.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped. It was the most beautiful room I've ever seen. The walls had waves on them and had that beach feeling. The bed had sand covers on it and it was a queen sized bed! I jumped on the bed and stares at the ceiling in awe. My grandma had stars on the ceiling! It was like a night light that little kids used, but cooler! 
As I looked around my room I noticed a weird blue door next to the mirror in my room and I got up and opened it.
It was a walk in closet! I had over 70 brand new shirts and 50 pants, skirts, and dresses. There was a stack of shoes next to the clothes and it had all types of shoes, converse, vans, jordans.

"Wow, did grandma do all of this for you?!"

I turned around and saw my dad and my mom staring at the room in awe.

"Yes, isn't she just wonderful?!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"I can't believe my mom would do this for her. She doesn't deserve it whatsoever,"

Oh no, here comes bitchy mom again.

"Why are you so negative?" I blurted out, "Why can't you just be happy for me? Grandma knows me more than you do. That's sad."

Moms eyes started to turn watery and she walked out of the bedroom. I instantly felt bad but had no desire to apologize. She had it coming to her anyways.

"I can't believe you would say that to the woman that has brought you into this world," he closed the door shut and I heard him calling out for mom.

I sat on my bed still admiring my room when grandma walked in on me.

"Hey, sweet cakes. Hope you liked your present!"

" I did, thanks grandma so much!"

She smiled and closed the door shut.

I soon realized that I wasn't going to let mom or anybody ruin my new life in Beverly hills. This was my time to shine.

Hi guys, hope your enjoying my book. Vote, Comment, And follow me. Thanks.
Love you all.
XOXO