Chapter 3

Monday morning.

I wakened in a hurry after I had failed to set the alarm to seven o'clock in the morning. On the first day of my new job, I'm already tardy. This wasn't precisely how I wanted to present myself to my new job, and I silently hope it will be a one-time thing.

Ding!

The elevator doors open, and I glanced up, connecting eyes with Daryl Clifford.

"Morning," I greeted, sounding nervous. Oh good, I met my boss on the day that I'm running late. A smile appears on his face, and he stepped inside the elevator as I walked out. I turned back around to wave at him before the doors closed again. Letting out a sigh of relief, I walked towards the front desk to see Mrs. Patricia. She notices my presence and glances up, giving me a warm smile. The blonde next to her stands up and leans over the desk, checking me out.

"So, what do you think about working with the Michael Clifford?" She asked. Curiosity was written all over in her face. I was taken back about her question. Mrs. Patricia then gives the girl a warning look before stapling some papers.

"Excuse Kara, she's our new intern."

"I just was just asking a simple question."

"Not an appropriate one," I said, clearing my throat. The young blonde slightly opened her mouth before she glances behind me, and she closes her lips again. Kara then frantically searches for something to do on her desk. Weird.

The atmosphere of the room seems to change, and I turned around to look at a man. His blue eyes connect with mine, and I am memorized at how handsome he is. He stands tall, wearing a white long sleeve shirt, grey dress pants, and boots. His blonde hair was style up into a quiff, all piece of hair away from his face. I practically lost the ability to speak as I stare back at him.

"You must be the new assistant, Amelia," he finally spoke. Huh? He said my first name without considering that we are inside the office. The mysterious man checks me out, and in response, I extended my hand. The blue eye man then cheerfully accepts my hand, and firming shakes it. "I'm Luke Hemmings, Mr. Michael Clifford's right wingman."

"How can I assist you, sir?" Mrs. Patricia asked from behind her desk.

"I was going to give you these records for the new project with MU for Mr. Clifford" Mr. Hemmings pauses and looks back at me. "I think I can just give it to his assistant."

"I'll make sure that he'll get this the minute that he gets into the office," I reassured. He nodded and passed the files to me. His fingers are caressing my hands, and I felt my cheeks burning up again. What is it with me? The blonde-haired man looked back to all three of us, smiling, and then headed off. His friendly aura is leaving with him. "I head towards Mr. Clifford's office."

"While you're at it, I recommend you fixing your bun. It looks like you woke up in a rush, " Kara comments. If only she knew. Feeling embarrassed, I walked away from the front desk with the files. My hand reaches for my bun, removing the black hair tie when I arrived at Michael's office. When I open the door, I nearly gawked when I saw the blue-haired man staring out the window.

When did he get here?

I shouldn't be surprised- I am late.

"It's nice that you decided to show up, Ms. Frost, " Michael's voice echoed through the room. He gradually turns away from the window, and his hazel-green eyes connected with mine. Compare to him; I was nothing elegant. He was wearing a beige suit, blue shirt, and a black-tie. Hair brushed back again.

He is handsome.

Michael then sat down on this desk chair, one long leg crossed at the ankle over his knee. His left elbow rests on the arm of the chair with his hand touching his chin, and finger across his plump lips. "How are you feeling?"