'Just Pretend' (Bonus Chapter) (Alexander's POV)

Due to Wattpad removing my book, "F*ck Me Sideways", I'm uploading each bonus chapter into their respective book. Enjoy

Why was she always so fucking beautiful?

No matter what she wore, she always made me have to clench my hands to control myself. I chose to torture myself with staring at her every time - of course, I didn't have much of a choice. It was literally impossible to look away from her when she was in the room.

Sophie had that it-factor and everyone lucky enough to be in her life knew it. That's why she was respected by everyone; She owned the room, but she didn't know that she did. She was oblivious to all the guys staring at her, hoping to score her tonight; Oblivious to all the eyes that did a take of her body when she stepped up to the bar to get herself a drink; Oblivious to the guy who was in charge of mixing drinks was staring at her as well, his throat bobbing with lust as she took that first sip of her bottle.

But most of all, she was oblivious to me. Oblivious to the fact that I was making a mental list of all the guys who had ogled her as she stepped in, a list of all the guys who were gonna taste my fist if they tried anything with her. She was oblivious to how I of all the guys in the room was probably the most desperate to touch her, but showed her the least. Oblivious to the fact that I had been in love with her for years.

I was as invisible as she was blind to all the eyes on her.

Pushing the thoughts out of my head with all my will, I got myself a beer and took a large chug. The bitter sting of the alcohol teased my old addicted side and urged me with a slithery voice to drink more. More, more, more...

I put the beer down on the counter.

"Alex! Sophie-girl! You made it!" Miles made his appearance with a drunk girl hanging on his arm. He grinned at me and Soph. "How are you liking my party?"

"Well, genius here failed to mention it was your party," Soph snorted, sending an accusing glare my way. She looked so damn cute, I couldn't help but smile at her. "What does your parents have to say about all this?"

"What they don't know won't kill them," Miles deviously replied and offered Sophie a smug wink. He then flipped his eyes to the girl who was about to learn why me, Jagger and him were called the fuck-boys at our school. "Now excuse me, but I promised I'd show this beautiful girl my axolotl."

He lifted a brofist at me and automatically bumped it, but honestly, my mind was somewhere else. It always was when Sophie was standing next to me. It didn't matter, though. Miles and the girl trotted off upstairs, leaving me and Sophie alone again.

Well - as alone as one could be at a crowded party.

"Is that what he calls his thing?" Sophie now snorted at me to my surprise. "Axolotl?"

I had made the mistake of sipping my beer again when the voice inside my head had become too loud, but now it all lodged in my throat as I processed Sophie's words. I burst into a fit of laughter. "Oh, Soph, Jesus. What would I do without your average intelligence?" What would I do without you at all?

"Hey!" She snapped, her lips pursing in that sexy way I knew they only did when she was offended. "Just because I don't know what the fuck axolotl means—"

"Soph, an axolotl is an amphibian." I interrupted her, unable to hold back a small chuckle. She didn't have to defend anything around me, but she didn't know that. "It looks like a sea salamander or a fish that can walk, if you will." I elaborated for her.

"Oooh, right," She sarcasticallydrawled. "Silly me, why didn't I know that?"

"Because you're not me. I know everything."