Chapter 4

"So what do we do sit here and wait for him to show up?" Asked John.

We were stood on the sidewalk outside the apartment buidling. Vancoon was evidently not in.

"Just moved in" Sherlock said

"Sorry what?" Asked John again. I looked where Sherlock was pointing.
Ah. New label.

"Flat above, new label" he explained turnig to John.

"Couldn't someone have just replaced it?" John questioned with a frown.

"No one ever does that" I answered before Sherlock, as he pressed the buzzer.

"Hello" said a female voice.

Sherlock put on a fake smile, and talked in a pleasant neighbourly  voice.

"Umm hi I live in the flat just below you, I don't think we've met" He greeted.

"No actually, I've just moved in" replied the voice.

"Ah..." He looked at John, with a subtle 'told you so' look on his face, making John roll his eyes.

"Yeah I've just locked my keys in my flat" he continued, feighning embarrasment.

"You want me to buzz you in?"

"Yeah...and can I use your balcony?" Sherlock asked switching back to his normal voice.

"What?" Asked the woman incredulously.

She buzzed us in, and I followed after Sherlock, while John decided to just stand outside Vancoon's flat so we can let him in.

Sheock jumped over the edge of the balcony landing on the one below, and looked up at me. I copied his movements and took the plunge, landing gracefully next to him. Sherlock pushed the door open and we walked in.

I faintly registered John's muffled shouts through the door to let him in, but I was far too engrossed in my observations. Sherlock moved through the flat and I looked around. Left handed. I noticed immediately.

I heard a bang from down the corridor and followed the sound to find Sherlock stood insode a room, staring at something out of view. I quickly walked over to stand beside him, and gasped as I layed eyes on the scene. Huh, so this was why there was no one answering the door.
Sherlock and I shared glances. I went to let John in, while he phoned Scotland Yard.

The police moved through the crime scene, and I watched them analyse useless evidence and come to wrong conclusions. It appears John had apparently come to the same one. Suicide, they all thought. Clearly not. Bullet wound is on the right side of his head. My mind fired. Victim left handed. Doesn't match; murder. I concluded

A man with a commanding tone and wearing no scrubs, suddenly appeared in the room and Sherlock went over.

"Ah sergeant, I don't think we've met. Shelock Holmes" he said, surprisingly holding up a hand in greeting. I wrinkled my nose as I realised it's the hand that had just been in the dead man's mouth. Apparently, so did the sergeant judging by his expression as he looked down at it. The other man completely ignored the greeting, and proceeded to berate Sherlock for contaminating 'his crime scene'.

"Who's this?" He asked eyeing me with disdain.

"Briana" I introduced myself curtly, with a nod. He looked at me a moment longer then turned away, walking out.

I followed after Sheock and John as they too left the room.

"...Suicide" DI Dimmock was saying, handing the evidence bag to an officer in scrubs. Idiots.