Knife throwing

I had done an early workout with stretches and a run through most of the headquarters. I hadn't slept last night, I couldn't. That happened a lot recently. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail as I made my way quietly through the bedroom to the showers. 

The feeling of the hot water startled me since the headquarters were so cold at this time of the morning. I could already feel the knots in my shoulder and back coming loose as I laid my head against the wall. It would be a while before anyone had to wake up. Everyone had became accustomed to waking up at a certain time that no matter how loud or how long I had a shower, they never woke up. Sometimes I would just leave the showers running and leave everyone to have cold water, it was funny hearing everyone asking who left the showers on. I decided to have a quick shower, I didn't need a long one today. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed in content as I felt the sweat wash away.

 I stepped out and grabbed my towel before walking towards my bed. I loved the feeling of being clean, especially here, in one of the harder working factions. Gave me a sense of control. I dried myself off and quickly changed into black leggings and a long sleeved black shirt. I pulled on my trainers and decided to leave my jacket. I went to walk out when I realised my ankle felt bare. I looked down and tried to figure it out. My eyebrows furrowed as I remembered I took off the friendship bracelet I got with, Tris. I looked over at my bag and contemplated on getting it. I sighed and shook my head before leaving the room. I went to place my hands in my pockets just to feel air, I chuckled to myself while I walked mindlessly around the compound. I had nowhere to go so I was left alone with my thoughts, at least when I was jogging I was focusing on something. I looked at my feet as I thought about last night. 

We stopped at the clothing room making me raise an eyebrow. I pointed to the door with my thumb. "If you needed clothes, you should've asked, Four." She shook her head as she thought for a minute. Her face turned red as she began to bite on her fingernail. 

"How do you get so much of his attention?" I pulled back my hand and placed it in my pocket slowly as I thought. 

"Who?" I dragged out the word as I watched her. She seemed on edge as if this whole conversation would go up in flames with one wrong move. I couldn't tell if she was scared of the conversation swerving, or me getting angry. 

"Four," I shrugged. 

"I don't really 'get' his attention. We just bump into each other and chat, we also like to talk while training at times. I think we both kind of relate in a weird way, he worked his way to number one while I-" I stopped as I thought for a second. Why did she care how I got his attention? I realised I was looking at the wall with my mouth open. I quickly closed it and looked at her. "Why?" She gulped and took back her stern demeanour from before. I smirked as I ran my tongue over my bottom lip. "You like him." Her stern demeanour immediately vanished as she stumbled on her words. I nodded to myself as I looked at anything but her. "Why did you pull me up about it?" She looked at me confused. 

"You don't care?" I shrugged. 

"Sure I do, it's your first crush. And you're used to Abnegation rules." I crossed my arms. "I'm more confused on why you don't just show him how you can be and would rather pull me up and ask how I get his attention?" She ran her hands through her hair. 

"You don't get it." I scoffed and nodded. 

"I think I do." She looked up at me as her eyes wavered and I realised she wasn't scared of the conversation swerving. I took a deep breath and looked away. "Explain." She smiled slightly. 

"I do like him. At least I think I do, I haven't felt like this before. And those small moments that me and him have I cherish, but then somehow, you always worm your way in, even when you aren't there. I just want to know how you do it, how you always get his attention, how you get everyone's attention." She looked at me with gritted teeth. "Do you like him as well? Is that how? Do you try to get his attention?" I stopped and looked at her with my eyes slightly enlarged. Do I like him?