"Get back here."

My heart beats rapidly. My chest hurts from gulps of air. My eyes begin to burn as the rooms lights switch back on. I hold my head, feeling everything there. No hole, no disruption in my skin. Just my normal forehead. "Congratulations Y/n." I look up at Eric who had stepped into the room. "You have successfully completed your last initiation." I nod and quickly leave the room, pushing past anyone else who had came into the room.

"Oi!" I stop right outside of the room and look over my shoulder. "There is one last thing before you can go to the banquet." He beckons over someone who I don't recognise, they held a black case, which they passed to him.

"We have a banquet?" I was quiet, mainly talking to myself. The case is opened, and a long needle comes out. I look at the serum inside of it. It was an ochre colour, and it didn't move around much. It unsettled me that it looked so much like a simulation serum. "What's it for?"

"It's just a tracking device, in case if you are reported missing," He taps the syringe. "Just a precaution." I look from the needle to him.

"How many people go missing in a year?"

"Not many." My stomach twists as the needle gets closer. "It's a new development, courtesy of the Erudite." My blood runs cold, and all I want to do is run out of the room. Eric continues to talk, but it's all mute. I was about to be injected with an Erudite serum and all I could do was take it. I couldn't say no, but I already have a theory of what is happening. I just need to stay calm and act like everyone else. "Do you understand?"

"Yes." I tilt my head and move my hair. The cold antiseptic wipe cleaned at my skin as my breathing turn ragged. The needle pressed into my skin, and for the first time in a long time, I felt it. I tried not to pull away as I could feel the serum push at my veins and fall through. Once it was done I shook my head.

"The banquet is in two hours. Your rankings, along with the Dauntless-born will be revealed then. Good luck." I quickly spin on my heel and walk out of the room. I walked to the dormitory, continuously attacking my neck where the needle was plunged.

I sat on my bed and pulled back my hand, blood has started to spread lightly over the tips of my fingers and my neck was starting to burn. I don't know when whatever is happening, is going to happen. But I'm already part of the plan.

My hairs stood on end making me stare at the door, my eyes slowly narrowed until Tobias rounded the corner. I let out a breath and smile. "Hey." He looked up at me and nods. "Did you watch the test?" I hadn't talked to, or even acknowledged Tobias at all since the test started.

"I only watched on the screens, the leaders get to watch everything." I nod. Thankful I didn't say anything about Divergence now. "I heard a rumour that you only had three fears?" I shrug my shoulders. "That's impressive."

"I told you I was coming for your brand." I chuckled slightly as I played with my hands. "Did you get injected as well?"

"Everyone is." That was terrifying. I didn't know what the commands were going to be, but I also didn't know who was Divergent or not. I only knew Tris was. If they are commands to fight and Tobias isn't Divergent...

"How much do you know about my fear landscape?"

"Nothing. Of course I know that you have a fear of falling already, but other than that." He shrugs. "Why?" I think about the way I exploited simulation Tris. The simulation shows things as I know them, and I see Tris as jealous. I don't know why the simulation didn't disappear when I challenged her, and why she was able to shoot me. Maybe the simulation has parts of the people that I don't know.

Maybe Tris would actually shoot me if she had the chance.

Tobias stood in front of me. He was tall enough for his head to poke over the ladders of the bunk beds. "What happened to your neck?"