3

Ayla

I walk into our back garden to plant some new plants and to pick out the full grown vegetable. As I place seeds in the open ground I see a white dress in the corner of my eye, I look up to see mother. I get up from my knees and have a closer look, her eyes are red.

"Mother?"

"Yes, how is the gardening going? You must teach me, I would love to learn. Don't want them to die right?" She has a smile smile on her face which made me smile.

"Well they won't die if I'm here." Her smile falls.

"Yes of course, well. I would still love to learn." 

----------

For the past 2 hours I taught mother how plant, water and carefully pull vegetables out. We were now covered in dirt ready to shower.

"We still have leftovers of the Italian, we can heat it up and eat it together." Mother says as she walks into her room, I send her a smile before going right into my full white room. Yes it is hard keeping it pure white but I manage. 

I take a shower as I think about what Hailey told me yesterday, I do have to have a mate sooner or later. I wonder what it would be like to have a male figure besides Father, I wonder what it's like to be touched. 

I quickly scrub my body off of all the dirt and get ready for the Italian leftovers. I sit across from mother with the leftovers across the table, we pray over the food... well I do. It's so weird, mother is acting, off. 

As we start to eat I try to talk "So would you like to say anything mother?" 

"Maybe why?"

"You just seem off, you see tense and on edge." 

"Seems like I feel like that as well."

"What?"

"On edge, tense. Maybe I need one of your million dollar message's." I for some reason get flustered.

"Sure! After we eat I can do that, I do have to go and get some more plant food for all the new plants in my room. Thank you for that." Last week mother went out in town and got me so many home plants for my room, which I'm grateful to have another color than white in my room. 

"Ayla."

"Yes mother?"

"You-we-I-I'm sorry."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh nothing, just me rambling. Would you like seconds?" She fills my plate with more food as if hoping we could stop talking, for the rest of the night we eat in silence. Once I was done washing the dishes I grab my oil ready to message mother's back but I pass by a crumbled piece of paper. 

I place the oil's down and uncrumple it, it says:

Dear Nemesis,

Your daughter Ayla is now 20 years of age, I God have found a perfect match for her. I believe it will balance the world of Heaven and Hell. I will keep this letter short and simple, she will be mated with Luciano. She will be sent to him in two days. 

Love you forever,

God Father

I run to my mothers room catching her changing into her nightgown "Oh jeez! Ayla what' the ma-"

"When were you going to tell me?" I pull the paper up showing it to her

"Ayla dear."

"No when, mother. It says I am to leave today, this is the letter that was supposed to be the rent right? You lie, why do you lie? How can you lie." Angels can't like, is she not an Angel?

"It was an acceptable lie, I was scared Ayla. You have to understand I can't loose you, I don't know how it will end... what if you end up hurt? Ayla I won't be able to live with myself. Ayla you are my only daughter, I love you too much to let you go."

"It's how the world works mother, it's how the system works." She cups my face and leans her forehead against mine and she slowly cries and I cry with her.

"I know baby I know."