chapter 3

HYHM BOOK 2- Chapter 3

Not Edited.

A/N: Dear Readers,

Sorry for the delay. I have been travelling and am currently on the beautiful island of Koh Samui in Thailand. It is raining today, so I have decided to write another chapter but as soon as the sun comes out I am out of here to work on my tan. ; )

It is the 31st here so best wishes to all of you for a happy new year!

Love,

Tulipgardens

All rights reserved, 2012 ©

Chapter 3

The words echoed in her ears until their meaning sunk in.  She didn’t react like they had expected. There were no tears, no screaming, no swearing or bargaining. There was nothing but silence. Every single person in the room, besides Elara who was unconscious, wondered what Estela was thinking.  She was still; frozen in time and place.  But what had shocked them the most were the slow and steady beats of her heart.

The news had had no effect on her.

Both Declan and Alpha Bill had tried to peek into her mind through their shared mind-link.  But her mind was impenetrable, an iron fortress sheilding its contents from the rest of the world.

Her parents however, were more direct.

“Estela?” Scott said.

“Hmm?” She answered her mind still far away.

“Are you okay?” Gia asked.

“Yep. I’m fine.” She answered. “It’s better this way. Elara has had her fair share of suffering. She has been the target for far too long. This is the least I can do for her. It’s my turn now. And at least I don’t have to do this alone. I have all of you. She didn’t. Besides, she’s found her mate now.” She said smiling at Declan briefly before she escaped into the distance again.

Puzzled looks were exchanged before the silence was broke again.

“That is very noble of you, Estela.” Alpha Bill stated, his face beaming with pride. “Are you sure?”

“Am I sure? I don’t think I have the luxury of choice.” She said detachedly.

“Well…what if we get someone to mark you involuntarily so that you lose your eligibility to the throne?” Declan asked, a hint of hesitation lacing his voice.

Estela's head jerked up, her mouth forming a little 'o.'

“That’s a fantastic idea!”Gia whispered, excitedly.

“But that would mean that you may never find your true mate and even if you did, he may reject you since you would already bear the mark of another wolf.” Scott explained.

“But wouldn’t you still be a target, Dad?” Estela asked.