CHAPTER 22

"Selena, think of Stiles.", Selena heard Scott growl, so she turned her head to him. She wanted to fight against the sudden thought of Stiles in her mind, but something about Scotts voice made her do what he told her to. Selena closed her eyes and thought of Stiles. She thought of the feeling she got, whenever Stiles had hugged her and how it felt to feel his heart beat underneath her hands. She remembered, how every time he touched her, each cell of her body focussed only on that part of her body. And then, she remembered how he had kissed her and suddenly, her whole body froze. A wave of sadness flooded her body, but it made her come back to reality. Back to humanity. For a moment, Selena thought about what she was doing and what she wanted to do. She opened her eyes again and looked at Peter, tightening her grip on his arms. Selena could feel the pain rushing trough her veins, but chose to concentrate on the sadness she still felt in her body. The pain turned into the feeling of energy, that slowly made its way through her whole body. Selena watched Peters face change, as if he suddenly felt pain and when his eyes stopped glowing, Selena felt the energy her chest. It was like an explosion, when she suddenly felt the power in every part of her body. Her lungs felt, like clouds were building inside of them and it was hard to breathe.

"It worked.", Scott whispered and Selena noticed, how everyone stared at her. Selena knew that Peter did not deserve the power, but she would not give it to some innocent human on the streets either. So she closed her eyes again, placing her hands on Peters chest and concentrated on the power inside of her. She just had the thought of giving him back his power, when she felt the energy leaving her body again. Peter passed out and Selena felt weak. She stumbled backwards into Dereks arms, who were fast enough to catch her. Selena let Derek hold her, while they were all watching Peter, waiting for something to happen. Just a moment later, he took a deep breath and opened his glowing blue eyes.

"Selena, are you ok?", Allison asked and Selena could hear the worry in her voice. Selena shook her head no and broke free from Dereks arms holding her up. She walked up to Allison who instantly took her hand. Nothing was ok. Maybe she was back to being human and maybe she had lost her anger, but anger had been the only thing to keep her sane. Anger had been the only protection from all the pain and doubts she would feel. Feeling human again, Selena felt lost. She felt lonely. She didn't know what she wanted or what she was supposed to do. She wanted to be with her brother, but at the same time, she didn't even know him. She wanted to feel strong and be proud of her powers, but at the same time, she just wanted to be normal again. She wanted to kiss Stiles and find herself in his arms, but at the same time, she never wanted to look into his eyes again. She wanted to know about her biological family, but at the same time, she apparently didn't even know everything about the family that had raised her. And suddenly, everything Selena wanted, was to be alone. To just sleep and escape reality, preferably forever.

"Take her back to your place.", Derek said and looked at Allison who just nodded and took Selena outside. The both girls didn't say anything until they reached Allisons house. Once they got there, the only words leaving Selenas mouth were "I want to be alone" and Allison just nodded again.

Five days went by that Selena was completely alone. She hid in her room and only talked to Allison when they had dinner together or when she brought Selena a new shirt of Stiles, so she wouldn't lose his scent. After five days, the door to her room opened and someone went inside without any permission.

"Get dressed." Selena lowered the blanket that covered her, to see who stood in her room.

"Go home, Derek.", she mumbled and heard him sigh.

"Are you naked?", he asked and Selena looked at him shocked.

"What?! No!"

"Good.", Derek said and pulled the blanket off of her, leaving Selena in the cold.

"Now, get dressed and pack your bag.", he repeated and looked at Selena, who just curled up in her bed again, trying not to show Derek that she felt actually cold without the blanket.

"I'm not ready for another training. Just go home." Derek rolled his eyes and reached inside the pocket of his leather jacket.

"I will and you are coming with me.", he said and handed Selena a piece of paper. Selena sat up in her bed and reached for the paper, slowly reading it. Guardianship of Derek Hale over Selena Wilson, née Hale. Selena read the words again and again, slowly processing that after all these years, she finally had a family again.

"Are... are you serious?", she whispered and looked at Derek in disbelief. Derek just nodded, but he couldn't hide the small smile on his lips. Selena jumped to her feet and ran towards Derek to hug him, not caring if he wanted the hug or not. Derek accepted her hug though, placing one of his hands on her head.

"So, you're going home then?", Selena heard Allison say and looked to the doorway, where Allison stood with her arms crossed over her chest. She definitely spent way too much time with Isaac. Allison helped Selena to pack her bag, after that, Selena and Derek thanked Allison and her father for letting Selena stay with them. Selena and Allison had never seen Derek this politely. Just a few minutes later, Selena reached her new home.