CHAPTER 25

Selena walked up and down the porch nervously. Her mind was racing and for a short moment, she thought of running away. She had never been good at talking about her feelings and she did not have a clue where to start. Before she could change her mind, she already saw Stiles Jeep turn into the driveway. Selena closed her eyes for a few seconds and opened them again, when she heard the door of the jeep slam shut. The girl saw how Stiles ran up to her and before her body could react with any movements, she already found herself in a tight hug. And all of a sudden, all of her worries had been vanished. Selena placed her arms around his body and wished for the moment to never end.

"Come on, let's go inside.", Stiles said and broke the hug. Selena wanted to sigh as she watched Stiles walking up to the door and opening it. She followed him inside anyway and closed the door behind her carefully. Stiles threw his backpack next to his desk when he entered his room, before he turned around to face Selena. While Stiles made sure to keep distance between them, Selena suddenly understood how her thoughts had betrayed her. She suddenly understood, that her heart and her body knew the truth all along. Stiles did care about her. He liked her and he would always protect her. And everything she felt in his presence was not only because she liked him, but because he felt the same.

"I'm sorry that I kissed you out of the blue. It was selfish and I...", Stiles began to speak nervously and looked at Selena with guilt in his eyes.

"I'm not.", Selena interrupted him and walked up to him before placing her arms around his neck. Selena kissed him lightly on his lips and kept her face close to his while waiting for his reaction. Stiles placed one hand on her hip to pull her closer to him and placed his other hand on her cheek before kissing her again.

"I'm sorry that I ignored you.", Selena said after breaking the kiss. She let her arms slide down from his neck, over his shoulders and down to his chest to remain there for a while.

"You're already forgiven.", Stiles mumbled and placed his hands on her neck carefully, his thumbs caressing her cheeks lightly. Selena smiled lightly and closed her eyes when she felt his lips on her cheek. Stiles let his right hand fall off her neck and where she had just felt the warmth of his hand, she suddenly felt his lips. Her body reacted way faster than her mind could think, making Selena tilt her head back and burying her fingers in his messy hair while Stiles kept kissing her neck. Selena opened her eyes for a short moment and noticed the pinboard behind Stiles. The list they both wrote together caught her eye, making Selena smile. Selena let her hands fall from his hair and grabbed for his grey t-shirt. She took a step backwards, making Stiles lips lose the contact to her skin. With a tight grip on his t-shirt, Selena kept stepping backwards, making Stiles follow her until her legs hit the wooden bed. Selena laid down slowly, thinking that she never felt something better than Stiles warmth when he bent over her. Stiles placed his hands next to her head to support himself but bent down anyway to kiss her again. He broke the kiss after a short moment and Selena felt the cold covering her when he tried to stand up. Selena reacted fast and grabbed his t-shirt again, pulling him back down on her.

"Stiles, I... do you remember number 14 of the list?", Selena asked quietly and watched how Stiles narrowed his eyes while thinking. Selena smirked a little while she waited for him to remember.

"Oh. Number 14.", he replied and nodded slowly before looking back at her. Selena ran her fingers through his hair again, before she suddenly stopped her movements.

"I want you to be my first." Selena said and watched how his cheeks turned a little red.

"I uh... Like... right now? Are you sure?", Stiles muttered and Selena laughed lightly. Stiles looked at her with a serious expression, not wanting to miss any smallest reaction that could have told him otherwise.

"Yes, right now. And then forever.", Selena answered and knew that she had never been more sure about something in her life.

Selena was lost in her thoughts while her head was resting on Stiles chest, his arms covering her body protectively.

"What are you thinking about?", Stiles asked and ran his fingers up and down and her arm.

"I don't know. I thought that maybe everything makes sense now, that I finally got to where I belong. I still don't know if I'm more human, werewolf or a moon goddess, but I can feel hope now.", Selena answered while listening to the steady rhythm of Stiles heartbeat.

"What would you be, if you could choose?", Stiles asked curiously and stared up the ceiling of his room. While laying in his bed and holding Selena close to him, he actually felt peace and safety covering him for once.

"I'm not sure. When all of this started, I desperately wanted to be a normal human. But my adoptive mother was a witch and my biological parents were werewolves. I don't think anymore that I'm supposed to be a human, you know? Maybe my whole life was so painful and chaotic, because I was never meant to live this kind of life." Selena felt Stiles nod lightly before she supported herself on her arms to look at him. Stiles smiled a little and ran his fingers through her blonde hair.

"What about you? What would you be if you could choose?", Selena asked and thought about how perfect Stiles was in her eyes. Stiles did not have any supernatural powers but still was so brave. He was smart and loyal and without him, most of his friends were probably dead already. He always tried to do the right thing, but was still able to admit the mistakes he did. Stiles carried so much love and life inside of him and he was never afraid to show it. Stiles was the perfect human and Selena could never imagine him as something else.

"I think I'm happy to be human. When Peter was an alpha, he offered me the bite once. I don't wanna lie, I thought about it for a moment but I'm glad that I decided against it. Scott was meant to be werewolf, just like you are meant to be something more powerful than a human. But me... I am meant to be human and I like it like that."

"I like you just the way you are.", Selena said smiling and kissed him softly, knowing that she was completely falling for him.

"Well, I should take you home now. You and Derek should talk about a lot of things.", Stiles said and Selena sighed, knowing that he was right anyway. Just half an hour later, Selena opened the big door to their loft and was greeted by the sight of Scott, Isaac, Allison, Kira and Peter.

"Did we miss a pack meeting?", Selena asked and walked inside the loft while she heard Stiles closing the door before following her inside.

"I was at Stiles house to get you, but you were... busy.", Scott mumbled and Selena felt her cheeks burning. For a short moment she thought about letting Derek stay human, thinking it would be better for all of them if he did not have supernatural senses of hearing and smelling.

"So what's up?", Selena asked again, trying to play it cool. She walked up to Derek who was leaning against the table like he usually did.

"It's the Alpha. We found out what he is and what he wants. Peter followed and watched him the last few weeks." Scott explained and took a step further.

"There's one problem though.", Isaac said and Selena suddenly felt everyone's eyes on her.