CHAPTER 9

Stiles reached his house late in the evening. His father sat in the kitchen and read the newspaper from the morning while nipping at a glass of water. Stiles thought it was funny how his father always complained about not having enough time to read the newspaper in the morning, but refused to wake up earlier to do so. The two of them talked for a while, without mentioning any supernatural creature. Stiles missed this sometimes. The normality and the ease of the daily life. Stiles went to his room and fell on his bed so his body finally relaxed for a moment. But only for one moment.

"Stiles!", he heard Scotts voice, which sounded dull through the window between them. Stiles put his hands over his eyes and sighed. Two hours. Two hours and there was already another problem? He opened the window for his best friend tiredly, Scott closed it after he climbed in.

"What's up?", Stiles asked and couldn't hide the exhaustion and temper in his voice.

"Something's wrong. I feel... something.", Scott answered and looked actually very confused and desperate.

"What do you mean? Something? You feel it in your head? Your stomach? Maybe it's just flatulence.", Stiles said and felt kind of irritated. He hated information that weren't even information. Something. What was that supposed to mean?

"No, man. It's like another werewolf is close to me. Just that the feeling is way stronger than usual, kind of threatening. Like I have to submit."

"Like an alpha?", Stiles asked and sat up again, his brain finally working again. Scott shook his head.

"No. I'm not sure. Maybe it happened to Derek too, when he lost his power." Stiles nodded. Could be possible. Derek really needed to wake up soon and tell them what actually happened to him.

"Do you think it's Selena?", Stiles asked and was surprised when Scott instantly shook his head no.

"I don't think so. If it was her, Isaac and me would have felt it before. I meant we spent a lot of time with her." Stiles nodded again. He paced back and forth while he tried to find an answer. He would not be surprised if there were other supernatural creatures running around Beacon Hills. Stiles just wished that if there would be more, they would be coming one after the other so they wouldn't have to solve 99 Problems at one time. Before Stiles could say his thoughts out loud, Scotts phone started ringing.

"Allison, what's up?", Scott asked into his phone and furrowed his eyebrows while staring at the ground. While Allison spoke, he looked back up at Stiles with big eyes.

"We're on our way.", he said and ended the call.

"The alpha was at the Argents house.", Scott explained and Stiles sighed again. Of course, another problem. Why not. Scott pushed Stiles out of his room.

"Dad, I'll be back in a bit!", he shouted from the stairs and ran outside to his jeep. Mostly because he was not in the mood to discuss this with his dad. Just a few minutes later, Stiles stopped the car in front of Allisons house. Scott already jumped out of the car before it even stood still and ran inside the house. Stiles followed after him, just to meet Mr. Argent with a gun in his hand, Allison with her bow and a completely confused Selena. Scott was muttering something and seemed to be mad about something.

"Where is he?"

"He's gone. We hit him with one of Kates bullets though. He'll be dead in less than three days.", Mr. Argent answered and wiped some blood off his face.

"Was it the same one who attacked you in the Eichen House?", Scott asked Selena, who just nodded her head.

"Well, we don't need to worry about him anymore. Go home and get some rest, boys.", Mr. Argent insured them again and looked at them like a worried parent. Probably because he was a worried parent. Stiles felt kind of relaxed and knew that the Argents were the perfect stay for Selena. Allison and her dad kept everything under control. Scott thanked Mr. Argent before the boys left the house again.

"Do you think the feeling you had was because of the alpha?", Stiles asked Scott after they climbed back into the car.

"I'm not sure. The feeling faded shortly after I was at your house. Derek needs to wake up.", he said quietly and turned his head to the side to look outside the window. Stiles didn't say anything, he just hoped that if Derek would wake up, he actually could help them. Everything seemed more complicated than before and he wasn't sure anymore if Derek had the answers they needed.