CHAPTER 10

Since the alpha tried to attack Selena at the Argents house, four days were passed by. Stiles wasn't sure if he was actually dead, it was too easy. But until now, he didn't show up again and everyone seemed to relax. Derek still wasn't awake, but Misses McCall said, that he was getting better day by day. Isaac had told Scott that he also had a strange feeling that night. They still didn't know what actually caused the feeling. Whenever the pack was at school, Selena helped Dr. Deaton at the animal clinic. He even paid her. The pack thought she shouldn't be alone but she also wasn't able to go to school without a teacher calling the Eichen House. Stiles physic classes got cancelled this day, so he left the school two hours earlier. His father was at work and Scott and the rest of the pack were still suck at school, so he decided to visit Selena. The bell made an annoying sound as Stiles opened the door and stepped inside the clinic.

"Stiles, good to see you. What can I do for you?", Deaton asked after he stuck his head through the door to see who entered the clinic. Stiles followed him inside and saw Selena holding a cat on the table so Deaton could check on it.

"Finally, someone who can help you with the cats.", Stiles said and grinned, when he remembered Scott telling him, that cats didn't seem to like him anymore. Deaton laughed but kept his eyes on his little patient.

"Hey Selena, I thought we could go somewhere and have lunch if you want.", Stiles said and put his hands in his pocket. Selena smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'd love to if Dr. Deaton doesn't need my help anymore.", she answered and looked at Dr. Deaton who smiled.

"I'll be fine, Scott will be here in a bit anyway." Selena nodded and pet the cat one more time before letting her go. She took her jacket and put it on before she said goodbye and left the clinic with Stiles.

"So, what do you want? Pizza? Burger? Mexican?", Stiles asked while they both climbed inside the jeep.

"Well, maybe... we can go to your place and cook something on our own?", she said quietly and looked at Stiles with a shy expression. Stiles paused for a moment and thought about how to tell that girl, that he would rather be an alpha werewolf than being a good cook.

"It's just that I ate canteen food for more than a year. I just miss homemade food.", she explained and looked at Stiles hopefully. How the hell could he say no to that?

"Okay but I tell you, after you ate my food, you probably want the canteen food back.", Stiles warned her but only earned a laugh from her. Selena told him that no food ever could be worse like the one they got at the Eichen House and Stiles just listened to her, happy that she finally felt safe enough to talk. After reaching Stiles place, Selena decided she wanted pasta with tomato sauce for lunch. She tried to give Stiles some easy tasks but actually wanted to do everything on her own. Not because she didn't trust Stiles to be a good cook, but because she missed doing normal things.

"How do you know how to do a self-made tomato sauce?", Stiles asked while he just watched the water boiling. Selena shrugged her shoulders, concentrating on cutting the vegetables.

"It was my favourite food when I was a kid, so my mum taught me at some point. Her tomato sauce was the best, I swear.", she answered without looking at Stiles. Selena never mentioned her parents before, she actually didn't tell anything about herself before and Stiles started to get curious. He tried his best to keep his mouth shut, not wanting to scare her by asking personal questions. After they had lunch and cleaned the kitchen, they went upstairs to watch a movie in Stiles room. Selena told Stiles to choose the movie as she chose their lunch. While Stiles started Spiderman on Netflix, Selena sat on his bed shyly, her feet still touching the ground. Stiles sat on the other side of the bed, with his upper body leaning against the wall behind him. With every passing minute, Selena seemed to relax a bit more until her back also reached the wall behind her and her legs were crossed on Stiles bed.

"Do you think there are actually people like Spiderman? I mean, if there are werewolves...", she suddenly asked but kept her gaze on the screen in front of them. Stiles shrugged his shoulders and thought that her question was more than justified. Scott and Derek would have thought it was absurd.

"To be honest, I have no idea what kind of creatures are running around in this world. It wouldn't surprise me though.", he said honestly and crossed his arms behind his head. Selena nodded and seemed to think about something before turning her head to look at Stiles.

"What do you think am I?", she asked and her blue eyes stared so deep into Stiles brown ones, that he thought it was impossible to lie to her. He lied anyway, hoping that she wasn't able to read lies like werewolves could. They still didn't tell her about their assumption of her being a goddess of the moon. Deaton said they should wait until Derek woke up, just to be on the safe side.

"I don't know. What would you like to be?", Stiles answered and looked at her with a small smile. Again, Selena shrugged her shoulders and broke their eye contact to look at the screen again.

"A human. A normal, healthy human. Just someone who won't spend years and years of their life in different families, just to be locked up in a psychiatry because they're some monster and don't even know it." Her words were covered in dark sarcasm but Stiles could hear the sadness in her voice anyway. He noticed how she breathed heavier and how she blinked way too fast, just to stop tears from falling. Stiles moved closer to her and put his hand over hers carefully.

"Hey, you're not crazy. There's just a side inside of you, that you haven't got to known yet. But we will find out what it is, I promise. And whenever we will know, we will help you to control it and to live with it ok. I mean, it's a part of you and as long as if it's not a Nogitsune or Kanima, you should live with it."

"But what if it's a Nogitsune or Kanima, or maybe something worse?", Selena asked and still seemed worried.

"Well, then we will save you. Like we saved Jackson and like my friends saved me. We never let anyone down." Selena smiled a bit and looked at her hands, just to avoid Stiles gaze.

"I was lucky then, that you were the one who found me.", she said and looked back at Stiles with a grin.

"Very lucky. I mean apart from all the supernatural disasters following us.", he answered and smiled when Selena laughed.

"I don't mind. As long as I'm with you, I feel safe.", Selena said quietly and turned her hand around so she could intertwine their fingers. And for the first time in Stiles life, he felt speechless.