Off To The Races pt. 2

I continued to stare at him, not a peep left my mouth

I continued to stare at him, not a peep left my mouth. He gazed at me waiting for me to say something," Jou gonna let me in or we gonna keep staring at each other?" He leaned in closer to me and I quickly backed away from him. I moved my hand away from the door and backed away towards the kitchen. He easily came in, closing the door behind him. He took short steady steps over to me, trying hard not to spook me. My steps were halted as my back was against the wall.

I could feel Tony's body come close to mine, only a few inches were keeping us apart," Why jou leave?" I stayed stuck to the wall, hoping that if I didn't move he wouldn't notice me. Suddenly, his warm hand grabbed mine. I was shivering so bad that he squeezed my hand tight in his grip,"Did I do something?" I still didn't look at him or answer him. I was too scared to. He brought my hand up to his mouth and placed a kiss on the back of it.

I pulled my hand back from him and crossed my arms over my chest," Why did jou leave without telling me huh? Do jou know how worried I was—That someone took mi familia and I didn't even know it!?" His voice raised a slight octave and I flinched at the sound.

I guess he noticed my reaction to him and he sighed. He carefully grabbed my head into his hands and forced me to face him. His thumb glided over my cheek, wiping the fallen tear that slid down my face," You—Y-you killed Cesar."
He closed his eyes shut and touched his forehead against mine. I watched him as he took another deep breath and opened his eyes," I wasn't gonna let him hurt jou ever again—"

"That's still Ama's father, you didn't even give him a chance to-to change for her—" "He left jou with a black eye—he would've done something worse if I didn't get to him." He backed away from me, rubbing his temples with his fingers. I stepped away from the wall and watched him,"So killing him was the best option?—"
"Yes! And I'd do it again if it meant protecting jou and that little girl."

I stood still once again, processing his words. I was so torn inside, I wanted to run up into his arms and never let go of him. But the other side of me wanted to run away from him and never look back. I could see his footsteps walking back to me. He grabbed my hands into his own," I know what jou're thinkin—Jou think I'm gonna hurt jou—get jou involved in I what I do," I glanced up at him," But jou're wrong—I will do anything and everything to protect jou and Amalita, I give jou my word."

"I-I'm scared Tony..." He grabbed my face in his hands and kissed both of my cheeks," Jou don't have to be scared of me—" I shook my head," No I'm not scared of you—I'm scared for the baby." His face contorted into a frown mixed with confusion,"Baby? Wha jou talkin'?" I inhaled and exhaled the breath I was holding in," I'm pregnant Tony."

He hesitantly embraced me into his chest, gently squeezing me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck," I'm scared that both of my babies won't grow up with a father." I could feel him squeeze me tighter as he kissed the top of my head," I won't let that happen—Jou understand?" I nodded my head and held onto him.

Our embrace was interrupted by a soft voice," Mommy?" Tony and I both looked at the little girl who was rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Her confusion turned to excitement once she had seen the man holding me," Tony the tiger!" She ran over to him with her arms stretched out, he bent down to pick her up in his arms," Princessa—Jou get bigger every time I see jou mane." She held his head in her tiny hands," No you're just getting smaller." He gave her a big smile," I guess I am huh."

"Are we going back home!?" Ama looked at me then back to Tony," I don't want to sleep with Mommy anymore." My jaw dropped at her statement," What's wrong with sleeping with me?" "I like having my own room." I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled," I guess I do too." Tony looked down at me and held my hand," Jou coming back with me." It was more of a statement than a question.

"I don't know Tony—" He raised his eyebrows," Jou have my baby in you—I don't want jou out of my sight." I sighed, knowing I couldn't argue with him. When he wanted something, he definitely got it. He pointed his head towards my bedroom," Get jour things," He set Ama back on the ground," Jou too little one. Go and pack jour things."

Ama rushed into my bedroom and I followed behind her, until Tony gently gripped my arm. He turned me around to face him and he placed his lips on top of mine; catching me off guard," I've missed jou Marina." I looked into his deathly stare that turned soft once I met his gaze," I missed you too." I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held onto my hips.

"Mommy hurry up!" Ama yelled from inside the bedroom. Tony let me go and pointed towards the room," Jou heard the boss." He gave me a small peck on the cheek, and I went into my bedroom. Ama had thrown all of her stuff into her suitcase. She was sitting on it trying to get it to zip," Ama you have to organize it better or it won't zip."

I walked over to the struggling girl and unzipped the suitcase. I folded all of the clothes she had tossed in and placed them neatly back into the suitcase. I let her pack the rest of her things and she zipped up her bag," Go set it by the front door." Ama happily rolled her suitcase out the room.
I gathered all my stuff from my dresser and closet and placed them into my bag. I was halfway done until I heard Mama's voice," Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

I walked away from my things and made my way into the front area, where everyone was gathered at," Granny this is Tony the Tiger!" Ama introduced as Tony stuck out his hand for my mom. She hesitantly shook it and turned her attention to me," Were you gonna leave without telling me?" I shook my head," No of course not, I was going to wait til you got home."

She looked to me and then to Tony," So he's the one that got you pregnant?" I nodded my head. She crossed her arms over her chest and playfully rolled her neck at him," Mmhmm well you better take real good care of my daughter and my grand-babies," She pointed her finger at me," And you better call me—I don't want to hear from you every 2 years." She stretched out her arms to me and I engulfed her into a hug. She placed a kiss on my cheek," I love you sugar bun." "I love you too Mama."