Ghetto Baby

I kissed the plush bunny on top of it's head," Bye Daisy," I kissed Amalita on her cheek and the top of her head," Bye to you too Ama. Be good-I love you." She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek," Love you too mommy." I stood up and hugged Mary, who was standing at the door," Thank you so much Mary."
"Okay okay okay Marina. Go to work girl." She gave me a smile and I did the same.

I went to my car and drove off to the Montana mansion. Glancing at the passing mansions always blew a hole in my heart. Being rich and famous wasn't ever a wish I had, but it was far better than my situation. Honestly I don't care about me, Ama is the reason I'm still here. She deserves the universe and all I'm giving her is dust.

I entered through the back of the mansion and into the Maid Hall. I went into the closet and changed into my uniform and grabbed my supplies. I spent half the day cleaning the first level of the mansion. This place was huge. Too big for anyone's good. I was about to head upstairs to vacuum the rooms until I heard a huddle of voices coming through the foyer," Aye Marina!"

I turned around and was faced with the cheerful man with the huge scar on his eye," H-Hi Mr.Tony." His friends continued walking to the den area," Hey-what I tell you about that-huh?Call me Tony okay?" I nodded my head," Okay." He just stood there staring at me. I hated the way he looked at me. He was very intimidating. I feel like if I do anything wrong he'll shoot me on sight," Spend the day with me and the boys."

I furrowed my brows," What?" He shrugged his shoulders," We're playing games, drinking-chu know fun things like tha." I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do," I have to clean Tony. That's my job-"
"Okay you can clean up after me and the boys-Does that sound betta huh?" I gave him a weak smile," I have to put this away."

He gave me one more glance before he went into the den. I grabbed the vacuum and put it back into the closet. I walked back to the stairs and into the den. Like he said, him and his friends were playing pool and smoking cigars. I cautiously walked in, trying not to get noticed," Marina over here!" Tony waved me over as he hit the ball with the pool stick.

I walked over to him with my hands behind my back," Chu play?" I shook my head. He reached out to me, lightly grabbing my arm and pulling me towards him. He put the pool stick into my hand and rested his hand on the small of my back," Here," He guided me through the process," hold it like this." He positioned my body against the table and adjusted my arms," Now aim for tha ball." He placed the white ball in front of the pool stick.

I brought the stick back and quickly hit the ball. It collided with the ball I had in target. None of the balls went into any of the holes, but one was close. Tony patted my back,"Are you lying to me mane?" He placed his hand on my lower back again. My brain was telling me to push his hand away, but I didn't,"That was a good hit mane." I smiled and gave back his pool stick.

His friends started to crowd the table again so I backed away and watched the men play," Chu keeping score?" My eyes widened and I started to panic," U-umm-" Tony started to laugh," I'm only kidding pussycat," he lightly squeezed my arm," relax. Have fun-Okay?" "Okay Tony." He put his cigar back into his mouth and continued his game.

I stayed back and watched the men play their games. It reminded me of when I use to hang around Caesar and his gang friends. I knew I shouldn't have been around them, but it was exciting. Once I got pregnant with Ama, I had to stop and Caesar didn't even pay attention to me anymore.

I picked up after the men when they accidentally spilled their drink or dropped their snack. It wasn't annoying at all, it was actually pretty funny. They didn't even know it happened until they saw me beside them and they'd quickly apologize to me.

It seemed like hours passed by and the men were still enjoying themselves. I glanced down at my watch; it was way passed my time to leave," Uh-Uh Tony?" He turned around and looked at me. He stayed silent, waiting for me to talk," I need to go. It's way passed the end of my shift."

"The party's just started. Relax-stay for a while-Okay?" I glanced at my watch again. I couldn't stay here and just leave Ama with Mary like that. It isn't fair to both of them," I would love to but I-I have to get my daughter and it's late-"

He immediately stopped what he was doing and turned his attention to me," Chu have a daughter?" I nodded my head," What's her name?" "Amalita."
Something in his eyes changed. They weren't bloodshot anymore; they were soft and gentle," Yeah-Okay. Go to your daughter, she's more important."

I gave him a small smile, I said goodbye to him and his friends. I quickly went out of the den and into the Maid Hall. I didn't bother taking off my uniform, I just rushed out of the mansion and to my car. Racing over to Rich and Mary's house. I was there in no time. I got out of my car and knocked on the door. Rich answered it," Bout time you showed up. Come in."

I followed him to the dining room, they were all eating and even had a plate for me," Mary I'm so sorry. Tony had me-" "Marina it's okay. You don't have to stress about it. I know things happen." I went over to her and hugged her," Thank you, thank you, thank you." She squeezed me back, rubbing circles on my back," You are like my sister. I'd do anything for you and Ama."

I was grateful for her and Rich. Really. I couldn't survive without them.