Chapter 17 ✅

Harry wanted to scream to himself as he got back to the common room after finding out what the final task was. Of course, he'd asked Barty but he'd said that he couldn't help. The damn childish man. Though he really did enjoy Barty's company. On their 'training days', which happened every Monday and Thursday night in the Room of Requirement. When he said train, it really was throwing a couple of spells at each other and then gossiping about the rest of the school, or Barty talking about the first war.

Harry walked into the Room of Requirement to find fake Moody out of his polyjuiced state, he smirked at the thin, Sandy haired man who was sitting on the floor. "What took you so long, Harry?"

Harry huffed slightly as he sat on the floor opposite the death eater. "You should know. They were having the task talk this evening. So it's a maze that we need to find our way through."

The man who acted more like an older teenager smirked, "But that's not the end of it."

Harry's eyes dragged themselves away from Barty and muttered, "Why am I not surprised?"

Barty just smiled mischievously. "Because nothing is ever that simple, and people have died in this before. So it's obviously going to be made more dangerous that it's been made out to be."

Harry really wanted to throw in the towel. He'd just about survived up until now and if their was going to be more dangers in the maze he would need to learn how to tackle them. He Stood up of the ground, wand in hand. "Okay then. How about you show me how to fight against these 'deadly' creatures?"

Barty smirked as he stood up, drawing his wand to meet Harry's. The stood face-to-face, wands in hand with equally determined looks on their faces. "Let's duel then."

——

Harry had an air of determination around him as he stood facing the entrance to the maze. He was almost sure that his fellow champions and judges were quivering at his aura. But he could care less. He clutched the small vial of blood in his pocket as if his life depended on it... but then again it did, and so did Tom's so he wouldn't let him down. Not now.

Thankfully Barty had taken to telling him what sorts of dangers lurked in the depths of the 2 foot tall maze. After a bit of friendly persuasion...

——
Flashback:

"So what's it going to be Barty? You tell me the 'dangers' in the forest or I burn off that hair of yours?" Harry smirked evilly at his teacher. He watched as Barty's smile dropped into a look of pure horror.

Harry had his wand pointing at the man's head, ready with the 'Incendio' incantation on the tip of his tongue. Of course he was only joking but Barty must've thought him serious about the threat. "No! Not the hair. Anything else just not my hair! I worked too long styling it just form you to burn it all off!"

Harry giggled and smiled, not reassuring type. "You spend as much time styling your hair as Draco Malfoy does!"

Barty's nostrils flared, "Don't you DARE compare me to that brat and his barbie father!"

Harry really wanted to roll off sitting on Barty's back and laugh until he could laugh no more, but didn't. Instead he allowed the evil glint to make its way back into his eye. "So what's it gonna be? Your hair? Or the dangers that lurk in the maze?"

Barty looked down at the ground as if considering his options, but it didn't take long as Harry pushed his wand into the sandy man's head, and he quickly spilt the tea and biscuits...

Flashback over.
——

Harry smirked to himself as Ludo bagman signalled for him to head into the maze, Harry didn't waste a second standing outside and quickly rushed in, only to be met with the first decision. 'Left or Right?' He pondered to himself quietly. Deciding quickly that it didn't really matter since he would most likely be make his way to the center anyways chose to go Left.