Chapter 36 ✅

Hadrian Max-Cousland as he was now known as - legally as from the magical adoption papers provided by the goblins - was walking down through Diagonal Alley. Aedan had decided to let him go meet up with a friend though he had to be back at 8 o'clock at the latest. What Hadrian didn't tell him was that said friend was an accused death eater that was thought to be dead.

Hadrian walked into Fortescue's ice cream parlour. Even if it was the middle of December many people still wanted ice cream, considering the store was at least three-quarters full of people enjoying many different flavours.

Hadrian's skin was now a paler shade than it normally was, his hair - now tawny brown had grown out so much that he was able to tie it up in a short ponytail. His eyes were still green, just a shade deeper with a copper undertone. High cheekbones and He had his horrible eyesight fixed magically, now he could see perfectly.

——

His first Christmas with Aedan hadn't been too bad. If anything it had been one of the best Christmas's - or Yule as Aedan calls it - he's ever had.

They passed out presents, Aedan had gotten Hadrian a muggle book series that he had been wanting to read for a while, a wand holster made of the finest leather and more stuff that he would need for school. Hadrian struggled to get Aedan a present but settled on getting him a Flourish and Blotts gift card. Something new that they started offering.

Aedan had smiled and thanked him for the thoughtful gift saying that it would be good to get some more reading material.

That's when Aedan handed him the blood adoption papers.

Hadrian had just blinked at the papers. He swallowed the lump that had managed to gather in his throat in a matter of seconds, he stayed silent with tears forming in his eyes. His voice cracking as he tried to speak. "You... You want to..."

Aedan smiled, "I want you to become my son, in blood." Hadrian blinked the tears in his eyes away, a few straying down his cheeks. No matter how much he had disliked the idea of having a parent or responsible adult to watch over him, he wanted this. There was some part of him who had always wanted a parent, deep down he longed for the comfort of an adult so he didn't have to carry everything on his shoulders.

Hadrian threw himself at Aedan, "I... really?" he was hugging him tightly, Aedan hugged him back. "Yes, Hadrian. I want you to become my son. Though I do have to tell you something first. I don't mind if you refuse because if I blood adopt you then the gene will be passed onto you." Hadrian pulled away from the hug, his eyes shown in cautious curiosity. Aedan just met his eyes. "I'm a wolf shapeshifter. I suppose its like an animagus form. I still retain my human mind and thoughts just change form."

Hadrian didn't see what the fuss was about, if anything he would love to be a shapeshifter. "I still want to... but can I see your form?"

Aedan smiled at him and disappeared through the door of the living room only to come back in a couple of minutes later. Aedan's wolf form was stunning. He was russet pelted with hints of dark redish-brown and light brown colours - amber eyes glowing golden. Ears pricked, he butted Aedan's wolf butted his face into Hadrian's chest, knocking him on to the floor. He lets out a small laugh. The wolf towering over him was tall, 120 cm in hight at least. Aedan left the room again to shift back before coming back to start filling out the papers together.